Are you curious about how to see your Spotify listening history? It’s possible that you didn’t know the name of the song you heard while listening on Spotify. Maybe you might want to see the number of podcast episodes you might have missed due to sleeping through the first one.
Not to worry, as you might expect from one of the best music streaming services, viewing your Spotify listening history is easy. However, the process is a little different if you’re using the desktop or mobile versions of the app.
What is Spotify
Spotify is a music streaming platform that offers its users an extensive collection of songs, podcasts, and other audio materials. Since its founding in Sweden in 2006, it has grown to become one of the most well-known music streaming services worldwide.
Features of Spotify
- Free: Limited by advertisements, shuffle-only play, and inability to listen offline.
- Premium: A paid subscription with extra features like unlimited skips, offline downloads, better audio quality, and ad-free listening.
- With millions of songs spanning numerous genres, artists, and languages, Spotify boasts an enormous catalogue.
- Users can follow their favorite artists, make and share playlists, and use curated playlists to find new music.
- Spotify is available on various platforms, including desktop (Windows and macOS), web browsers, iOS, Android, smart TVs, and other connected devices.
- Using user preferences, listening history, and carefully crafted playlists as guides, the service employs algorithms to suggest music.
- Playlists that can be customized are “Discover Weekly,” “Release Radar,” and “Daily Mixes.”
- How to access your Spotify listening history on an iOS or Android device
- Users can follow friends, see what they are listening to, and share playlists.
- Collaborative playlists allow multiple users to add and edit their songs.
- Apart from music, Spotify also offers a wide range of podcasts on different types of topics. The platform has invested significantly in podcast content and exclusive deals with creators.
- Premium users can download music for offline listening, allowing them to enjoy their favorite tracks without worrying about an internet connection.
- Better audio quality is available to premium subscribers, improving the listening experience.
- Family and Student Plans: Spotify provides student plans at a discounted rate and family plans that allow several users to share an account.
Spotify for Artists:
- Spotify provides a platform for artists to share their music, connect with fans, and access analytics through the Spotify for Artists program.
- Spotify Greenroom: this live audio app allows users to join or host live audio rooms, similar to other social audio platforms.
How to see your listening history on Spotify Mobile App
Below is the process for the Spotify mobile app. It’s the same on both Android and iOS;
- Tap the icon for your profile when the Spotify app opens.
- Press Listening History now.
- View the history of your listens.
How to see your listening history on Spotify on your desktop app
- Here’s how to access the desktop Spotify app and see your listening history.
- Open Spotify first, then select the Queue button in the lower right corner.
- Select Recently played to see the history of your listens.
That is all there is to it. With an extensive library of valuable tutorials, this article has everything you need to read about using Spotify. Just make sure you go through the steps carefully.