Ridesharing has become an increasingly popular way to get around in cities worldwide. Uber, one of the largest ridesharing companies, offers a special credit card called the Uber Pro Credit Card for frequent Uber riders. This card offers some great benefits tailored specifically for Uber customers.
This blog post will look at everything you need to know about the Uber Pro Credit Card, including its rewards, features, eligibility, and more. Whether you take Uber frequently or are just looking for a new credit card with solid rewards, the Uber Pro Credit Card is worth considering.
Overview of the Uber Pro Credit Card
The Uber Pro Credit Card is a Visa Credit Card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. It was launched in 2019 as a co-branded credit card targeted at frequent Uber riders.
Some key features and benefits of the Uber Pro Credit Card include:
- 5% back on Uber services, Uber Eats, and JUMP bikes and scooters
- 3% back on hotels, airfare, and restaurants
- 1% back on all other purchases
- $100 Uber Cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Up to $600 in annual statement credits for Uber services
- Complimentary Uber VIP status
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
The card is designed to offer maximum rewards and perks for loyal Uber customers. The 5% back on Uber services is one of the highest rewards rates available for rideshare spending.
Rewards Program and Benefits
The rewards program is the major draw of the Uber Pro Credit Card. Here are more details on how rewards work:
5% Back on Uber
Cardholders earn 5% back on Uber rides, Uber Eats orders, and bike/scooter rentals through Uber’s JUMP program. This adds up quickly if you take Ubers frequently. The rewards come in the form of Uber Cash that can be used for future Uber rides or Uber Eats orders.
3% Back on Travel and Dining
You’ll earn 3% back on airline tickets, hotel stays, and restaurant dining. Again, this comes in the form of Uber Cash to use on Uber services.
1% Back on Other Purchases
All other purchases earn 1% back as Uber Cash.
$100 Uber Cash Bonus
New cardholders can earn a $100 Uber Cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within the first 90 days. This provides a nice boost to start earning rewards quickly.
Up to $50 in Uber Cash Annually for Online Subscriptions
Cardholders can earn up to $50 in Uber Cash each year to use on online subscription services like Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, and more. You earn $5 in Uber Cash each month you pay for an eligible online subscription with your card.
No Annual Fee
The Uber Pro Credit Card has no annual fee, so you can enjoy all the benefits for free.
Complimentary Uber VIP Status
As long as your Uber Pro Credit Card account remains open, you’ll enjoy complimentary Uber VIP status. This unlocks perks like premium support and flexible cancellations.
Cell Phone Insurance
The card provides up to $600 per claim and $1,200 per year for cell phone insurance in case your phone is damaged or stolen. There is a $25 deductible per claim.
No Foreign Transaction Fees
There are no foreign transaction fees on the card, making it a good option for international travel.
Eligibility for the Uber Pro Card
The Uber Pro Credit Card is available to anyone who meets the following eligibility requirements:
- Good to excellent credit (generally 670 score or higher). The better your credit, the more likely you’ll be approved.
- Must be an Uber rider account holder. You need to have an existing Uber account to qualify for the card.
- Must be at least 18 years old and have a valid Social Security Number.
The application process is quick and easy. You can apply directly on Uber’s website or mobile app in just a few minutes.
How to Apply
Here are the steps to apply for the Uber Pro Credit Card:
- Open the Uber app and tap the menu icon in the top left corner.
- Scroll down and tap “Wallet” then tap “Learn more” under the Uber Pro Card section.
- Review the benefits and tap “Apply now”.
- Provide your name, email, phone number, date of birth, Social Security Number, and annual income.
- Review the disclosures and terms, then tap “Agree and continue”.
- Provide your home address and confirm the information is correct.
- Accept the loan offer and submit your application.
The entire application can be completed within the Uber app in a few minutes. You’ll get either an instant decision or a decision within a few days. If approved, your new Uber Pro Card will arrive within 7-10 business days.
How to Use the Uber Pro Credit Card
Once you’re approved and receive your new card in the mail, you’re ready to start earning rewards. Here are some tips for using your card:
- Activate your card – Call the number on the back of the card to activate it and set your PIN.
- Add your card to Uber – In the Uber app, go to the “Payment” section and add your new Uber Pro Card as a payment method.
- Use for Uber rides – Pay for any Uber rides with your card to earn 5% back in Uber Cash. The rewards will auto-populate in your Uber Wallet.
- Set up autopay for subscriptions – Set up autopay for eligible online subscription services like Netflix or Spotify to earn $5 in Uber Cash each month.
- Use for dining and travel – Try to use the card at restaurants, hotels, and for airfare to earn 3% back. These purchases also help you earn the sign-up bonus.
- Activate cash back – Make sure to manually activate your Uber Cash earned each month in the Uber app to redeem it on rides, Uber Eats, and more.
Pros and Cons of the Card
Here’s an overview of some of the key pros and cons to weigh if you’re considering applying for the Uber Pro Credit Card:
- 5% back on Uber rides and services
- No annual fee
- $100 sign-up bonus after $500 spend in 90 days
- Up to $600 in annual Uber Cash statement credits
- Cell phone insurance
- Must be an Uber customer to qualify
- Rewards only redeemable with Uber
- Limited bonus categories (just Uber, dining, travel)
- Foreign transaction fees on non-Uber purchases
For frequent Uber customers, the high rewards rate on Uber services is probably enough to outweigh the cons. Infrequent Uber riders may find a card with more flexible rewards to be better.
Alternatives to the Uber Pro Credit Card
Some other credit cards to consider as alternatives include:
Chase Sapphire Preferred – Offers a signup bonus of 60,000 points after spending $4,000 in 3 months. Provides 2x points on travel and dining which can be transferred to airline and hotel partners. Annual fee of $95.
Capital One Venture Rewards – Currently offers 75,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months. Earns 2x miles on all purchases and has a $95 annual fee.
American Express Gold Card – Earns 4x points at restaurants and US supermarkets (up to $25,000 per year). Has a $250 annual fee but offers up to $120 in annual dining credits. Good for foodies.
Citi Double Cash – No sign-up bonus, but earns 2% back on all purchases with no annual fee. A simple, straight-forward cash back card.
The best card for you depends on your spending habits and how frequently you use Uber. Compare the options to find the right card for your needs.
For rideshare users, the Uber Pro Credit Card offers a compelling rewards program. The high 5% back rate on Uber services and other Uber-related perks provide huge value if Uber is a regular spending category in your budget. Moderate to frequent Uber customers can benefit greatly from this card.
Just make sure to consider your other spending categories too when weighing it against alternative cards. The Uber Pro Credit Card is limited when it comes to things like gas, groceries, bills, etc. But paired with a good general rewards card, it can be the perfect complement if Uber is a major expense.
Hopefully this overview gives you all the key details to decide if applying for the Uber Pro Credit Card makes sense for you. It’s one of the top options out there for Uber loyalists who want to maximize their rewards and savings.