The Emporium Black Card is a retail credit card aimed at consumers with bad credit or financial struggles. It allows people to finance purchases of brand-name items from the Emporium online store over time.
The card targets those with damaged credit, previous credit mistakes, or thin credit histories. It provides a credit line and financing for expensive purchases even if you can’t qualify for traditional credit cards.
In this post, we’ll examine the features and perks of the Emporium Black Card in depth to help you decide if its hefty price tag is worth it.
About Emporium Credit Card
Pacific Credit Group is the Emporium Credit Card issuer. Depending on the total purchase amount, they offer 12, 18, 24, or 36-month financing terms.
With the Emporium Black Card, you are limited to shopping at the Emporium website. All purchases made are technically leases until the items are paid off in full.
Once approved, there are no annual fees, processing fees, or application fees. On-time payments can also help build your credit history.
Key Facts About the Emporium Black Credit Card
The Emporium Black Card is a credit card aimed at consumers with less than perfect credit. Here are some of the key facts to know about this card:
- No credit check required – The Emporium Black Card does not require a credit check or report for approval. Those with bad credit or no credit history can qualify.
- No fees – There are no annual, monthly, or over limit fees with the card. The only cost is interest charged on any carried balance.
- Up to $5,000 limit – New cardholders can get approved for up to a $5,000 spending limit on the card within 60 seconds.
- Revolving credit line – It operates as a revolving credit card, not a prepaid card, so the spending limit replenishes as balances are paid.
- Easy online approval – Applications only take a minute online and instant decisions are provided. Must be 18+ with a valid checking account.
- Can be used anywhere – The Emporium Black Card can be used to shop anywhere that accepts Mastercard. Use it online, in stores, over the phone.
- Accepted for Apple, Gucci, more – Big name brands and luxury retailers accept the card for financing big purchases.
- High APR – The Emporium Card does charge high interest rates, so it’s best for those who pay balances in full.
For consumers with bad credit or an unfinished credit history, the Emporium Black Card provides an accessible credit line for financing major purchases or building credit. Just be aware of the high interest rates.
How the Emporium Credit Card Works
The Emporium Credit Card offers an early payment option (EPO) when you make purchases from Emporium stores. You can choose a timeline for the EPO, such as within 120 days or after 120 days.
The interest rate varies based on the EPO payment length. For example, it is 37% for EPO payments over thirty-five months, and 100% for payments over twelve months. Choosing a longer EPO period of over thirty-five months allows you to pay lower interest.
Emporium Credit Card Application
The Emporium Credit Card has straightforward application requirements compared to other store credit cards. There are no subscription fees, monthly payments, or minimum credit score requirements.
You will need to provide accurate information about your income and employment when applying. The card issuer wants proof you have the means to make payments. But extensive credit checks are not part of the application process.
Other store cards often have lengthy applications involving credit checks and minimum score requirements. The Emporium application is quick and simple in comparison.
The basic requirements, easy payments, early payment flexibility, and lack of credit checks make the Emporium Credit Card accessible for many consumers. It provides decent credit limits and lines without an intensive application process.
What Makes the Emporium Credit Card Unique
A unique aspect of the Emporium Credit Card is that it is open to applicants with bad credit or financial hardship. When you have poor credit, it can be difficult to get approved for financing and credit cards from mainstream banks.
The Emporium Card does not base approval on your credit score. If you have bad credit but can prove your income, you can still qualify. This gives financing options to those recovering from financial crises or past credit mistakes.
You also have flexibility in choosing payment timeframes that fit your needs when you use the early payment option. The quick application process and instant decision are also rare benefits. For consumers with bad credit or unique financial circumstances, the Emporium Card can provide much-needed retail financing.
Pros of the Emporium Credit Card
- Instant approval – Get a credit decision in 60 seconds that won’t impact your credit score.
- Reports to credit bureaus – Responsible use can help build your credit history.
- Bad credit OK – They approve those with bad credit or damaged credit.
- Limits up to $5,000 – Decent initial spending limit for a retail card, starting around $300.
- No fees – There are no annual, monthly, or over limit fees to worry about.
Cons of the Emporium Credit Card
- Very high APR – Interest rates start at 37% for 36 month financing and go up to 100% for 12 months.
- Purchases are leases – Items are not legally purchased until paid off, they are considered leases.
- Income and checking required – You need to verify income and have an active checking account.
- Predatory terms – Approves those with bad credit but charges very high interest rates.
The Emporium Card offers easy instant approval but charges high rates and has predatory terms for those with bad credit. You have to weigh the pros and cons carefully based on your financial situation.
How to Apply
Applying for the Emporium Credit Card is simple and can be done entirely online.
- Go to the Emporium Credit Card website and click “Apply Now”
- Provide some basic personal information like your name, date of birth, address etc.
- Enter your monthly income amount and source of income.
- Provide your Social Security Number so they can confirm your identity.
- Check the box to accept their terms and conditions.
- Submit the application form.
After submitting the application, you will get an instant decision. This is because there is no hard credit check needed for the Emporium Card.
The decision factors they consider are:
- Verifying your identity
- Income level
- Having an active checking account
As long as you meet those basic requirements, you can be approved in seconds.
Getting Your Card
Once approved, your digital Emporium Credit Card information will be immediately available in your online account. You can use these details to start shopping online right away.
They will also mail you a physical Emporium Credit Card within 5-7 business days to use for in-store purchases. As soon as you get the card, call the number on the back to activate it.
Then you can immediately start enjoying financing on purchases from the Emporium store using your new credit line.
The Emporium Black Card allows people struggling financially or with bad credit access to credit for shopping name brands online. But it comes with limitations and should be used cautiously.