Have you heard of WeChat Video Call? WeChat is among one of the biggest mobile text, video call, and voice messaging app. Actually, it is the largest and most dominant social network in China. Most individuals confuse WeChat with WhatsApp. Yes, there’s no denying that they share some similarities, but WeChat is more than that. If you wish to find out more, read on.
WeChat Video Call
WeChat video call is simply a Chinese multipurpose messaging, social media, and payment app. It was developed by Tencent, it was launched in the year 2011, but it became one of the biggest standalone mobile apps in 2018. It has over 700 million downloads with 300 million active users. Let’s just say it is a competitor to Viber and that of WhatsApp.
CHECK THESE OUT:
The app is available on Android, iPhone, Blackberry, and also Windows Phone Platforms. WeChat has lots of interesting features such as video chat, voice calls, SMS, games, QR code scanning, and others. Individuals can do lots of things with the app, but first, you need to sign up for it.
WeChat Mobile App
As I said, it is more than a messaging and social media app, actually, WeChat is a lifestyle for over one billion users across the world. Use the app to call calls and chat with friends, read the news, and also make use of local services. Play fun and interesting games with friends use mobile payment features with WeChat Pay, etc.
If you’re wondering why people use WeChat instead of others, then here’s why;
- More ways to Chat: message friends via text, photos, video, voice, location sharing, etc.
- Make Video and Voice calls in high quality anywhere in the world. Users can also make a group video call with up to 9 users.
- Real-time location sharing.
- Share your favorite moments with others by posting videos, photos, etc.
- With the new Time Capsule, you can share a glimpse of your day.
- Browse through thousands of fun animated stickers to express yourself better.
- Mini Programs: there are countless third-party services within the WeChat app with additional installation of such apps. With that, you can save the phone storage.
- Discover the latest article that your friends are reading and also new fun and interesting ones to check out with the Top Stories feature.
- Have fun and compete with your friends in a huge selection of interesting games on WeChat.
- WeChat Pay: signing up for a WeChat account allows you to enjoy the convenience means making mobile payments.
It is localized in 20 different languages and also translates messages and posts with the moment feature.
CHECK THESE OUT:
WeChat App Download
Downloading WeChat to your device is simple and free. It is compatible with any device, which means it can be downloaded on any device type. Follow below to download the app;
- Open the App Store on the smart device that you’re using.
- Tap on the search box and type in WeChat.
- From the WeChat results that would be shown, tap on the first one to load its information page.
- Tap on “Install” or “Download”.
Immediately it would be downloaded into your device.
WeChat personal account registration
Signing up for WeChat is simple and free. Follow the steps below to sign up;
- Open the WeChat app.
- Tpa on Sign Up
- Provide your nickname. It can be changed.
- Select your region and enter your phone number, password, avatar (can be skipped for later).
- Then tap on the “Sign Up” button.
- WeChat will send an OTP (One Time Password), input the code to verify your phone number.
- A puzzle would be displayed, drag the slider in order to fit the puzzle piece.
After this, you would need to follow the on-screen instructions that would be provided to configure the account. You can also connect your WeChat account into the computer by using the web version of it. You just have to visit www.web.wechat.com on your web browser and scan it by using your mobile account. Doing this you can still make your video call using your computer on the web and you have to make sure that your data connection is turned on on your mobile device. This is just like the one of web WhatsApp, the way you connect your mobile WhatsApp to your computer on the web.