VLC Media Player has you must have known is one of the best players for your multimedia files. It can be used on mobile phones and desktops. And that’s where VLC for Mobile comes. As I said, it can be used on mobile phones that means you can download the app on mobile devices.
Well, since this article is about VLC for mobile, I’ll be discussing VLC for Android and iOS phones. The process is simple and if you’ve clicked on this post to find out more about the app, then read on.
VLC Media Player
The VLC media player is the version of the software on your mobile phones; Android and iOS. VLC is a simple free and open source cross-platform media player and streaming media. In other words, it is a free and open-source cross-platform which allows media files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and other streaming protocols. Also, using the platform is simple and it comes with a great user interface.
This simple, fast, and powerful tool has some really interesting features, which include;
- It can be used to play everything such as files, Discs, devices, and also streams.
- It also plays codecs with no codec packs. VLC runs on all platforms; Unix, iOS, Android, Mac OS X, Linux, Windows, etc.
- Free on 100% base.
Aside from the above mentions, users can customize it to the way they like it.
VLC media player for Android allows users to play any video and android files. Also, network streams, shares, and drives just like the version for desktop. The app on Android smartphone is a full audio layer with the database, equalizer, and also filters. There are some features attached to the android version. And you can only enjoy those features when you download the app on your mobile.
Downloading the media player app on your Android mobile is simple, free, and fast. Note; when downloading the app, certain permissions would be asked for. Accept all to have a better display of the media player on your mobile. Here’s how you can download the app on your Android;
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android mobile.
- Then use the search engine on the store to type in VLC.
- From the result that would be displayed tap on the first one to load the information of the player.
- Hit the “Download” or “Install” button close to the app.
The application would be installed immediately into your device once you’ve accepted the permissions required by the app. After downloading the app, you can start using it to play your multimedia files.
VLC for iOS
iOS version of VLC player can be used on iPad, iPhone, and also iPad touch. It can be used to play all your movies, music, and shows directly with any form of conversion. VLC for iOS permits file synchronization with Dropbox, OneDrive, Box, etc. It is a completely free and open-source platform you can use for playing your media files. To use the player, you need to download it on your mobile.
VLC for iOS Download
Installing the application on your iOS device is simple, free, and fast. To use and enjoy the benefits of the software, you can download it. Follow the steps below to install VLC on your iOS;
- Open the Apple App Store and use the search engine at the top of the store to find the app.
- From the search result that would be shown, tap on the first VLC app to load its information page.
- From the page, tap on “Get” or “Install”.
VLC for iOS would be installed immediately if you have a good data connection to the mobile. Once the app is downloaded and installed on your mobile device, you can start using it.