University of Edinburgh MasterCard Scholarship – If you are a graduate or you are about to graduate, as a Mastercard Foundation Scholar from a Mastercard Foundation partner institution in Scotland, read this article to find out more about applying to study a post-graduate scholarship at the University of Edinburgh online.
University of Edinburgh MasterCard Scholarship
Having a Master’s degree online is an excellent way to earn a qualification that is equivalent to an off-campus study while working at the same time and living at home. The online Master’s qualifications through the University of Edinburgh are fully equal to having a Master’s degree taught on campus.
The scholarship program will cover the full tuition fees and a small stipend to allow for access to high-quality internet. The scholarship is for three years of part-time online study.
Apart from financial support, the benefactors will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program with the University of Edinburgh, this will include regular online workshops with the scholars, online coaching and support, and the opportunity to attend regional scholar-led workshops and events.
Programs Available for the University of Edinburgh Mastercard Scholarship
The programs available for the online scholarship are.
- MSc International Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MSc Global Food Security and Nutrition
- MSc Social Justice and Community Action
- MSc Data Science, Technology and Innovation
- MSc Digital Education
- MSc One Health
For the next program, the application will open on Monday, January 31st, 2022, and close on Monday, March 14th, 2022.
- To be considered for this scholarship, you must be a graduate or be about to graduate as a Mastercard Foundation Scholar in a Mastercard Foundation partner institution.
- Applicants must be able to qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh for a relevant degree program listed above. You will generally need to have an equivalent of a UK Second Class (Upper) Bachelors (Hons) degree.
- Also, you must be a citizen of an African country (apart from Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco & Tunisia), whose personal situations would make accepting an online study offer from the University of Edinburgh very difficult. Applications from countries like Malawi, Ethiopia, Mauritius, Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe are particularly welcome.
- You must have shown a track record of leadership and service within your community and former school/university.
- You must be able to present economic circumstances (proof) which show you lack the financial means to pursue higher education in your home country or elsewhere
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate an awareness of online degrees and be able to show how they will tackle the unique challenges and opportunities provided by online, part-time study.
- Applicants must not have completed a postgraduate degree previously and should not be enrolled at a separate university while on this scholarship.
How to Apply
If you are interested in only the Scholarship. Then apply directly for it. But If you are also applying for other scholarships at the University of Edinburgh, you can apply directly for the degree program of your choice.