Have you heard of the UI Benefits program before folks? Well, if you haven’t then that miss you have been missing out a lot of information that you should know. These benefits has really been helpful for those that are unemployed, it enables get some cash even when they aren’t working at the moment.
Is this really possible? I bet this is what is going through your mind right now, but nevertheless, you will get to know all the necessary information and guidelines to take that will help you get these benefits online.
First let me start by explaining what the UI Benefits is. The Unemployment Insurance which is popularly known as (UI) is a joint state-federal program that offers cash benefits to eligible workers. Each state administers has a separate UI program, but all states follow the same procedures or guidelines that are established by federal law.
The UI payments (benefits) are intended to simply provide temporary financial assistance to unemployed workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own. Each state then sets its own additional requirements for eligibility, benefit amounts, and also length of time benefits can be paid.
Generally, the benefits are been based on a percentage of your earnings over a recent 52-week period, and also each state sets a maximum amount. These benefits are subject to federal and also the most state income taxes and must be reported on your income tax return. You might choose to have the tax withheld from your payment.
How to Register for UI Benefits
Before one can become part of this program one needs to first of all create an account on the website, to be eligible to apply or file for a UI benefits online. And these steps are simple, because of there are different states I will only state what is similar and common among them.
- Must visit the website and then click the register button.
- Now provide your personal email address used only by you and also create a password.
- You can select a personal image and caption. Select and then answer four security questions.
- Also you should check your email. Select the unique link within 48 hours of receiving the email to complete the process or you will have or need to start over.
- Important: you should Check your junk/spam folder if you do not see this message in your inbox.
These are the steps to follow when you want to register for UI benefits.
How to Become Eligible For the UI Benefits
If you want to be eligible for these benefits all you have to do, each states set its own guidelines for eligibility, but usually you qualify if you:
- Are unemployed through no fault of your own. In most states, this simply refers or means that you have to have separated from your last job due to a lack of available work.
- Meet work and wage requirements. You should meet your state’s requirements for wages earned or time worked during an established period of time referred to as a “base period.” (In most states, it is usually the first four out of the last five completed calendar quarters prior to the time that your claim is filed.)
- Meet any additional state requirements. Find the details of your own state’s program by simply using the Unemployment Insurance Service Locator.
How Do I Apply For UI Benefits
If you want to apply for this program then you must file a claim in the UI program in the state where you have worked.
- You should first of all contact your state’s UI program as soon as possible after becoming unemployed. Then Find your state’s program by simply using the Unemployment Insurance Service Locator and then check with them to see if you need to file a claim in person, by telephone, or online.
- Generally, you must file your claim with the state where you worked. If you have worked in a state other than the one where you now live or if you worked in multiple states, then the state UI agency where you now live can then provide information about how to file your claim with other states.
- When you then file a claim, you will be asked for certain information, information like: addresses and dates of your former employment. To make sure that your claim is not delayed, be sure to give complete and correct information.
- It generally takes two to three weeks after you have filed your claim to receive your first benefit check. Some states simply require a one-week waiting period; in other words, you would receive your first payment for the second week of your unemployment claim.
What If Your UI Application Was Denied?
Now each state UI program makes its own decisions about workers eligibility fir the benefits. There are bunch of reasons for denying benefits payments, some of the most common ones are down below:
- If you voluntarily leaving work without any good cause. Benefit payments can be paid if you quit under certain circumstances depending on your state’s laws.
- Being discharged for misconduct connected with the work. Misconduct is an intentional or controllable act or failure to take action, which shows a deliberate action or disregard of the employer’s interests.
- Not being able or available for the work. You should be able, ready and also willing to accept a suitable job.
- Not actively seeking for work.
- Refusing an offer of suitable work.
- Knowingly or intentionally making false statements to obtain benefit payments.
All these acts can get you denied the application for UI benefits. But once you are disqualified or denied benefits, you also have the right to file an appeal. Your employer might also appeal a determination if he/she does not agree with the state’s determination regarding your eligibility. You should file your appeal within an established time frame.
UI Benefit States and Websites
|Alabama||Alabama Department of Labor||866-234-5382||https://labor.alabama.gov/uc/ICCS/|
|Alaska||Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development||907-269-4700||https://my.alaska.gov/|
|Arizona||Arizona Department of Economic Security||1-877-600-2722||https://des.az.gov/services/employment/unemployment-individual/apply-ui-benefits|
|Arkansas||Arkansas Department of Workforce Services||501-682-2121||https://www.ezarc.adws.arkansas.gov/|
|California||California Employment Development Department||1-800-300-5616||https://edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/Filing_a_Claim.htm|
|Colorado||Colorado Department of Labor and Employment||303-318-9000||https://www.colorado.gov/cdle/unemployment|
|Connecticut||Connecticut Department of Labor||1-800-956-3294||http://www.ctdol.state.ct.us/UI-OnLine/|
|Delaware||Delaware Department of Labor||New Castle County: 302-761-6576
Other Areas: 1-800-794-3032
|District of Columbia||District of Columbia Department of Employment Services||202-724-7000||https://does.dcnetworks.org/InitialClaims/|
|Florida||Florida Department of Economic Opportunity||1-800-204-2418||http://www.floridajobs.org/Reemployment-Assistance-Service-Center/reemployment-assistance/claimants/apply-for-benefits|
|Georgia||Georgia Department of Labor||1-877-709-8185||https://dol.georgia.gov/|
|Hawaii||Hawaii Department of Labor and Industrial Relations||Oahu: 808-586-8970
|Idaho||Idaho Department of Labor||208-332-8942||https://www2.labor.idaho.gov/ClaimantPortal/Login|
|Illinois||Illinois Department of Employment Security||1-800-244-5631||https://www2.illinois.gov/ides/individuals/UnemploymentInsurance/|
|Indiana||Indiana Department of Workforce Development||1-800-891-6499||https://www.in.gov/dwd/2362.htm|
|Iowa||Iowa Workforce Development||1-866-239-0843||https://uiclaims.iwd.iowa.gov/UIInitialClaim/|
|Kansas||Kansas Department of Labor||1-800-292-6333||https://www.getkansasbenefits.gov/|
|Kentucky||Kentucky Career Center Office of Unemployment Insurance||502-564-2900||https://kcc.ky.gov|
|Louisiana||Louisiana Workforce Commission||1-866-783-5567||https://www.louisianaworks.net/hire/vosnet/|
|Maine||Maine Department of Labor||1-800-593-7660||https://reemployme.maine.gov/accessme/faces/login/login.xhtml|
|Maryland||Maryland Department of Labor||410-949-0022||http://www.dllr.state.md.us/employment/unemployment.shtml|
|Massachusetts||Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance||617-626-6338||https://www.mass.gov/unemployment-insurance-ui-online|
|Michigan||Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity||1-866-500-0017||https://www.michigan.gov/leo/0,5863,7-336-78421_97241—,00.html|
|Minnesota||Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development||Twin Cities Area: 651-296-3644
Greater Minnesota: 1-877-898-9090
|Mississippi||Mississippi Department of Employment Security||601-493-9427||https://www.mdes.ms.gov/unemployment-claims/claims-information/|
|Missouri||Missouri Department of Labor and Industrial Relations||1-800-320-2519||https://uinteract.labor.mo.gov/benefits/home.do|
|Montana||Montana Department of Labor and Industry||406-444-2545||https://montanaworks.gov/Job-Seeker-UI-Claimant|
|Nebraska||Nebraska Department of Labor||1-855-995-8863||https://neworks.nebraska.gov/vosnet/|
|Nevada||Nevada Department of Employment Training and Rehabilitation||Northern Nevada: 775-684-0350
Southern Nevada: 702-486-0350
Rural Areas and Out of State Callers: 1-888-890-8211
|New Hampshire||New Hampshire Department of Employment Security||1-800-852-3400||https://nhuis.nh.gov/claimant/|
|New Jersey||New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development||North New Jersey: 201-601-4100
Central New Jersey: 732-761-2020
South New Jersey: 856-507-2340
Out-of-state claims: 1-888-795-6672
|New Mexico||New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions||1-877-664-6984||https://www.jobs.state.nm.us/vosnet/Default.aspx|
|New York||New York Department of Labor||1-888-209-8124||https://applications.labor.ny.gov/IndividualReg/|
|North Carolina||North Carolina Department of Commerce||1-888-737-0259||https://des.nc.gov/|
|North Dakota||North Dakota Job Service||701-328-4995||https://www.jobsnd.com/unemployment-individuals/resources-unemployment-individuals|
|Ohio||Ohio Department of Job and Family Services||1-877-644-6562||http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/index.stm|
|Oklahoma||Oklahoma Employment Security Commission||405-525-1500||https://oklahoma.gov/oesc|
|Oregon||Oregon Employment Department||1-877-345-3484||https://secure.emp.state.or.us/ocs4/|
|Pennsylvania||Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry||1-888-313-7284||https://www.uc.pa.gov/unemployment-benefits/file/Pages/File%20an%20Initial%20Claim.aspx|
|Puerto Rico||Puerto Rico Department of Labor and Human Resources||787-625-7900||https://www.trabajo.pr.gov/desempleo_en_linea.asp|
|Rhode Island||Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training||401-243-9100||http://www.dlt.ri.gov/ui/|
|South Carolina||South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce||1-866-831-1724||https://dew.sc.gov/individuals/apply-for-benefits/claims-process|
|South Dakota||South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation||605-626-3179||https://dlr.sd.gov/ra/individuals/file_claim.aspx|
|Tennessee||Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development||1-877-813-0950||https://www.tn.gov/workforce/unemployment.html|
|Texas||Texas Workforce Commission||1-800-939-6631||https://www.twc.texas.gov/jobseekers/unemployment-benefits-services|
|U.S. Virgin Islands||U.S. Virgin Islands Department of Labor||340-773-1994||https://www.vidol.gov/how-and-where-to-apply/|
|Utah||Utah Department of Workforce Services||Salt Lake and South Davis Counties: 801-526-4400
Weber and North Davis Counties: 801-612-0877
Utah County: 801-375-4067
Other Counties and Out of State: 1-888-848-0688
|Vermont||Vermont Department of Labor||1-888-807-7072||https://labor.vermont.gov/unemployment-insurance/ui-claimants/establishing-unemployment-claim|
|Virginia||Virginia Employment Commission||1-866-832-2363||http://www.vec.virginia.gov/unemployed/online-services/apply-for-unemployment-benefits|
|Washington||Washington Employment Security Department||1-800-318-6022||https://secure.esd.wa.gov/home/|
|West Virginia||Workforce West Virginia||1-800-379-1032||https://uc.workforcewv.org/consumer/|
|Wisconsin||Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development||1-844-910-3661||https://dwd.wisconsin.gov/uiben/|
|Wyoming||Wyoming Department of Workforce Services||307-473-3789||https://wyui.wyo.gov/benefits/home.do|
- Gap Credit Card Application Login or Activate @ gap.syf.com
- Locast – Cities Where Locast is Available
- Capital One QuicksilverOne Cash Rewards Credit Card – Apply Now @ applynow.capitalone.com
- Aspire Credit Card Application Login at www.aspire.com
- Zulily Credit Card Application Login Activate or Pay Bills @ www.zulily.com