For months, trying to use TikTok on a PC has been a tough challenge. We were forced to use weird desktop apps or forced to try workarounds with Android emulators, but that day has come to an end.
TikTok has finally released a TikTok PC app and it’s available right in the browser. With most things, it works the same as it does on mobile. Although you’ll have to bang your head to figure out this desktop version, which might seem a bit confusing at first. Some features are disabled, but it’s a great first start for desktop users.
CHECK THIS POST >>> Facebook Messenger – Download Facebook Messenger | Facebook Messenger App
TikTok on PC
To access TikTok on PC, simply visit TikTok.com. Once you’re there, click the Watch Now button to get started. You now have access to TikTok on your desktop. Users can browse by clicking each video tab on the trending home page to watch it, or click discover at the top right to find more content.
TikTok on PC Download
You may notice that the features are a bit limited. You won’t be able to search for specific tags or phrases, but there is a workaround. If you want to search for a specific tag, simply click on the URL bar at the top of the page and type in the following address: https://www.tiktok.com/tag/KEYWORD-HERE.
TikTok on PC App
Unfortunately, the functionality has been limited to encourage more installs on mobile, so this is the only solution for browsing the standard trending tags right now.
You can also manually search for specific users using the following URL: https://www.tiktok.com/@USERNAMEHERE. For now, these are the main tricks you will need to use to browse TikTok on your PC.
TikTok on PC Upload
You can upload videos to TikTok on PC via the main website and the functionality is similar to the mobile app when you follow the steps below.
- First, visit TikTok.com and click Watch Now if you haven’t already.
- Next, click the upload button at the top right.
- Then choose the login option you have used for your account in the past. If you are new to TikTok, you can use another social platform such as Twitter or Instagram to log in and automatically create an account.
- Once logged in, you can start uploading videos. To get started, click on the video upload at the top right of the screen at any time.
- You will be directed to the upload page. Then click Select a video to upload to be taken to your file browser on your computer.
- Navigate to a video you want to upload, then double-click it to start uploading.
And that’s it.
TikTok on PC Resolution
It is important to know that the video must be less than 60 seconds long and a resolution of 720 × 1280 or higher. Videos shot in portrait mode will work best, but videos horizontally will also load. When viewing a horizontal video, black bars will be visible above and below the video.
While the video is uploading, you will have a few options to edit the caption, tag users, and add hashtags. Click on one of the @ or # symbols and you will be able to type to find the tags.
TikTok on PC Log In
Users can still get to log in to the TikTok Pc version. Follow the steps below to login to your account:
- Launch your web browser.
- Enter the URL www.tiktok.com.
- Click on the Log In option from the top right section.
- Select your log in process. Either QR Code, phone/email/username, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Apple or with Instagram.
- Enter your phone number, and provide the code sent to the number.
- Then click on Log In.
And your account will be created. Now you can get to watch TikTok videos on your PC.
SEE THIS POST >>> Glover App – Glover App Download | Glover App Sign Up