Are you interested in the Swedish institute scholarships for global professionals? Then you might want to read this article. Global Professionals is a highly sought after, a fully-funded international scholarship programme for master’s level studies in Sweden.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to positive and sustainable development in their home countries and regions.
In 2022 the Swedish Institute is said to be granting about 350 scholarships for master’s degree studies in Sweden.
The programme is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. It offers you a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders.
Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for global professionals is on the lookout for ambitious professionals who want to make a difference by working with issues that contribute to a just and sustainable development in their home country and region.
Applicants should also have a clear idea of how the study programme in Sweden would benefit their home country or region. Priority will be given to applicants with a strong and relevant professional background and demonstrated leadership experience.
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programmes. The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can it be transferred to a study programme other than the awarded master’s programme.
Criteria to Apply
Below are the criteria to consider when applying;
- You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships.
- You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by the 7th of April 2022.
- You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience.
- You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or from civil society engagements.
- The master’s programmes you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give priority to programmes within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
There are also other conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residency/studies in Sweden and more. Note that priorities in the selection will differ in some aspects depending on countries of citizenship.
Required Documents Global Professional Scholarship
Below are the requires documents for the
- Letters of reference
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
- Motivation (will be asked of you in the application portal)
The above are important criteria to consider when applying.
How to Apply for a Global Professional Scholarship
- After you have completed your application to a master’s programme, you can apply for an SI scholarship.
- Submit the required documents digitally through our online application portal. The portal is open from 10 February 00:01 until 28 February 2022 14:59 CET. Access will be available on this page during the application period.
Due to the high volume of applications, the online application portal may be under heavy pressure at the end of the application period. So it is better to apply early.
The next application round for SI Scholarships for Global Professionals starts 10 February 00:01 CET and finishes 28 February 14:59 CET 2022.