Does your radiator need a repair? Do you want to locate a Radiator repair shop near you? If yes, you are reading the right article. The Radiator is an important part of the cooling system of a vehicle and it helps to regulate the temperature of the engine. In this article, you would learn more about the radiator, the signs of a bad radiator, and lots more. So, kindly read through to the end.
You may be reading this article now with a little knowledge of what a Radiator is. Don’t worry, this article has got you covered! So, what is a radiator in a car? A radiator is an automotive part that is used to transfer heat from one medium to another and this is done with the purpose of cooling and heating the car when necessary.
The radiator is part of the cooling system and its parts include the tubes where the water circulates and the fins through which air passes to cool the tubes. The radiator in cars is the chief component of the cooling system. Other components of the cooling system include the Water Pump, Thermostat, cooling fan, and fan switch.
Having known this, you may be wondering now “What does a radiator do?” In simple words, the work of the radiator in the car is to eliminate excess heat from the Engine. There are so many damages that may happen to your vehicle when the engine overheats.
Signs of a Bad Radiator
Generally, internal combustion engines produce a lot of heat when working. This heat is absorbed by the coolant in the radiator. The coolant circulates around the engine of your vehicle, absorbs the heat, and then utilizes the air passing through the radiator to cool it.
You would need to repair your radiator only when it is bad. But you would only know if your radiator needs a repair when you know the signs of a bad radiator. So, what are the signs of a bad radiator?. The list below contains the answer to this question:
- An overheating engine. As it was said earlier, the radiator is responsible for cooling any vehicle. A faulty thermostat which is a part of the cooling system would lead to the overheating of the engine and thus, a breakdown if not attended to.
- Visible leaking coolant. When you notice a green, yellow or pink liquid leaking from under your car, this may be the coolant leaking and it is a sign that your radiator is bad.
- Discolored fluid. Based on the manufacturer, the color of coolants could be bright yellow, green, or pink in color. However, when the color of your vehicle’s coolant is rusty or has an oil color, it is a sign of contamination indicating a fault with your radiator.
- Low level of coolant in the radiator. It’s normal to change and top up the coolant in your radiator as routine maintenance. But, when you do this more frequently, this calls for concern as it is an indicator that your radiator is bad.
With the list above, you would be able to detect if your radiator is bad. Keeping your Radiator in a good working condition is necessary as this prevents further damage to the car and most importantly, the engine.
When the radiator of your car gets faulty, the next question that may come to your mind is “How much does a radiator cost?” If that question is running through your mind now, this article has got you covered. A new radiator costs between $150 to $250.
You should note that this price is dependent on the model and make of your car and also where you make your purchase from.
Radiator Repair Cost
The cost of repairing your radiator depends mainly on the cost of a new radiator and the service fee charged by the mechanic. Having read this point, you should know the cost of a Radiator and with this, you should contact your mechanic to get an estimate of the Radiator Repair cost.
Radiator Repair Shops
There are so many auto service centers around but not all may offer the Radiator repair services. Also, your vehicle may suddenly stop in the middle of nowhere leaving you stranded. If a faulty radiator is the cause of this, you would be needing a radiator repair as soon as possible.
Are you in a new location and don’t know where to repair your radiator? Do you want to locate a shop where you can repair your radiator? If yes, this article has got you covered.
How to Locate a Radiator Repair Shop
Provided you have an access to the internet, you can locate a Radiator Repair shop with the guide below:
- Switch on the location on your internet connected device.
- Open the web browser on the device.
- In the search field, enter the Phrase “Radiator Repair shop near me”.
- You can navigate through the map on the opened search page or
- Go through the list given.
With this, you can take your vehicle to the auto shop closest to you for the Radiator repair services.
When the engine of your car overheats for a long period of time, it may lead to a blown head gasket, engine smoking, oil leaks and eventually, engine knock. With this, you should know that the radiator is a necessary part of your car and should be repaired when damaged.
- Facebook Dating Updates – Facebook Dating Reviews | Facebook Dating Profile
- Facebook Dating Love – Facebook Dating Profile | Facebook Dating App Download
- Dating Link on Facebook – Dating Icon on Facebook | Facebook Dating Reviews
- Is Down Dating Legit – How Does Facebook Dating Work | Facebook Dating not Working
- Update Android Apps – How to Update Android Apps