The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University brings together rising leaders from the U.S and from around the world who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities and countries.
Scholars complete a fully-funded 9-month residency on campus at Columbia World Projects, deepening their knowledge and skills, and building new capacities and networks to accelerate their impact.
Scholars participate in an immersive program that brings together academic, skills-based and experiential learning, designed by Columbia University in consultation with the Obama Foundation.
Obama Foundation Scholars Program
Upon completion of the program, Obama Foundation Scholars, empowered by their experience, return to the regions where they have been working and continue along a path of service.
The purpose of the program is to help the Scholars in the foundation take the connections and skills they acquire during the program and apply them for the benefit of their communities, countries, and regions.
Obama Foundation Scholars are expected to remain engaged with the Obama Foundation and Columbia World Projects after the conclusion of the program.
To be eligible for the Obama foundation scholars program you need to meet the criteria listed below;
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region, or country outside the United States. You must also be desirous of returning to your community following the completion of the program. You will then apply your enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of your community.
- Are emerging leaders who have made a meaningful contribution to your field and is now at a stage in your careers where small changes can create a huge impact.
- Fluent in verbal, written, and spoken English
- Possess the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of your community, and
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of your community.
Applicants from around the world are eligible to apply.
How to Apply For the Obama Foundation Scholars Program
The application for the 2022-2023 Columbia University Obama Foundation Scholars Program is now open.
You can only complete your application for the 2022/2023 Obama Foundation Scholarship Program at Columbia University using the online application form.
Below are the lists of things you are to meet up to when applying for the scholarship;
- Fill the Online Application Form.
- Provide Resume/Curriculum Vitae.
- Make and Upload a Personal Video Statement.
- Respond to the Short Essay Questions.
- Prove your English Proficiency.
- Provide Three Letters of Recommendation.
- Review and Submit Application.
Double-check to ensure that you fill in the right information and upload the correct document before submitting your application.
The Scholars Program is accepting applications for the 2022-2023 program until December 22 at 5 PM ET. Please visit our application page for more information.
As a scholar, you will be entitled to the following;
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City.
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University, if the program is able to convene in person.
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University.
- Basic medical, dental, and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City, if the program is able to convene in person.
- Air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities, if the program is able to convene in person.