A lot of individuals have been wondering about the important things relating to Jamb, but haven’t exactly gotten their answer. But actually, Jamb is a very broad term. And in this article, I will be telling you about the things you need to know about it and also couple it with some basics you would wish to know better. In other to find out more, then you need to pay attention and read on.
Jamb is simply an exam that is carried out or done in order to give students admission into the institutions of their choice. The term Jamb is abbreviated from Joint Admission and Matriculations Board. It is actually a Nigerian Entrance examination board.
Jamb board is charged with the responsibility to actually administer exams for candidates who want to get admission. Through the examinations, candidates would be given admission into private and public universities, monotechnics, polytechnics, and many others. Before conducting the exam, students are required to have WAEC or NECO results.
The Pioneer Register was Mr. Michael Saidu Angulu who actually served from the inception in 1978 to 1986. Each year the board conducts an examination that would determine if the student would be admitted to institutions.
Once the examinations have been conducted, results/scores of candidates would be released. Students that scored 100 marks, would be eligible to apply for polytechnics or college of education. Then if you score 150 you would be eligible to apply for university admission.
Functions of Jamb
Jamb plays a big role for candidates who are seeking to get admission into the educational institutions of their choice. Jamb helps to conduct UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination into the tertiary institutions that are available in Nigeria.
Aside from that, there are still some other functionalities of the board which I will be listed below. They include;
- It helps to ensure the eligibility of students or candidates seeking to get admission into Tertiary Institutions.
- It actually helps to conduct UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination).
- The board is responsible for fixing the date and venue of the UTME exams to take, frequency, mode (being Paper and pen or CBT). Also, the exam duration and general subjects needed.
- It works with other bodies to create admission requirements.
- Syllabus review and the development for the UTME exam.
- It makes the provision of brochure development ad review.
- It actually for the collection ad dissemination of information regarding admission into the institutes.
- Vacancy and placement of students into institutions are made available by the Jamb board.
- Educational opportunities equity is provided by Jamb.
There are lots of functions of Jamb aside from the ones I listed above.
Candidates Eligibility for Jamb Examination
There are some requirements candidates ought to have in order to sit for exams. This eligibility includes the following;
- West African Examinations Council (WAEC).
- National Examination Council (NECO). This one is within Nigeria.
- National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB).
- General Certificate of Education (GCE).
How Can I obtain a Jamb Form?
Getting the form is quite easy to do. Though individuals or candidates say it hard but the truth is, it’s not. Well, if you’re finding it hard as well, you can just find the simple guidelines that I would be listed below and pay attention to. But firstly, you need to have a profile that is simple to create, follow the steps below to create the profile;
- Use your phone number to send your Surname, First name, and Last name to the code that you would be provided at the registration center.
- After which a code of 10 digits would be sent to you.
- Then provide the code at the point of procurement.
- Candidates’ e-pin form would be sent via text.
- All you need to do is to present it to any Accredited centers for Registration.
Now let’s look at how to obtain the form. The process includes different methods and we’ll be looking at some of the methods if not all. So pay attention and read on.
- Head to the banks listed for payment and present your profile code.
- Use cash or your card to pay.
- Your e-pin would be sent directly to the phone number you used.
POS centers or CBT Centers;
- Present your profile code to them and then make your payment.
- Your exam e-pin would be sent directly to the phone number.
Payment with ATM Machine;
- Go to the outlet for the participating banks.
- Slot in your card and choose the “Payment” > “Jamb”.
- Then enter your profile code.
- Once the process is done, your E-pin would be sent to you.
How to Reprint Jamb Slip
For Jamb candidates reprinting your slip is very important. Without reprinting it, you won’t be able to see your examination date, time, and venue. The process is simple and all you need to do is to follow the simple instructions below;
- Open your web browser and go to https://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/PrintExaminationSlip or click here. The chrome browser is the best and advisable one to use because it is faster and smoother.
- Then sign in to your Jamb profile using the email and password.
- And choose the option of “Reprint” and input your registration details correctly.
- Hit on “Reprint” and after which your examination information or details would be shown.
Reprint the slip using your printer if any or use your keyboard with CTRL + P. Just like that the slip would be reprinted and you you know your time, date, and center. There is one more thing I think you should also know about, is about the registration. Quickly, I will like us to talk a little about it.
One of the most important things when it comes to jamb examinations is registration. without registering for the exam, you won’t be allowed to part take in the exam so you have to register for the exam as soon as possible. The steps below will direct you on how you can register for the exam, so follow the steps very carefully to avoid errors.
- On your browser, visit Jamb.org.ng or just click here. The link will direct you straight to their homepage where you can process the registration properly.
- Look down the options on the homepage, you will see “CBT Registration” below the last option, click on it.
- Now, you have to enter the center name. Then the center address, and address state.
- After doing all that, enter the center representative name, the email address, mobile number of the representative, and the center ownership type “Private owner”, “Public institution”, or “Private institution”.
- Then enter the center capacity and when you are done click the “Register” button below.
After doing all of these things and you still come across any other steps, you just have to do just what you are asked on that page. There are other topics you can read about jamb, below you will find other types you can read on. They as followed;
- How to Reprint Jamb Registration Slip Online – How to Reprint Exam Slip.
- How to Check Jamb Result with Registration Number – Jamb Result Checker
- How to Check JAMB CBT Result Here Online – Check Your Jamb Result.
- Jamb Change Of Course/Institution Form Is Out Online – How to Change Jamb Course and Institution.
- Install Latest 2020 CBT Practice Mobile App – Top 15 jamb CBT Practice Apps.
These are the list of some topics about the topic we have here today that you can also found out about on my website. But you should know that the jamb exams are around the corner, any moment from now the exam will begin all this article is to help you prepare for the tax of the examination that is coming.