IRD can also be known as Inland Revenue or Inland Revenue Department. It can also be phrased in New Zealand as Te Tari Taake. The company has come a long way in history since it was established.
It started out in the 70s as a land tax department and was later rebranded to the Land and Income Tax Department in the early 90s. However, the company is located in Wellington which is currently the headquarter to date, though other sub-offices are opened globally.
IRD – Inland Revenue Department
Currently, it is a public service department located in New Zealand. This public service department is built to lecture the government on the services of the country like tax policy, and tax collection.
It also operates in terms of distribution and payment for social support programs as well as collections. Additionally, the origination of its name Inland Revenue’s Maori was from an old name Te Tari meaning the Department of Tax.
During the year 2018 to 2019, the estimated amount of tax revenue Inland Revenue collected and recorded was about $79.5 billion. The amount of money is over 80% of the fund’s government pays out to social support programs like social security, health, and education. Services they deliver includes:
- Law and order
- Housing and community development.
- Environmental protection
- Transport and heritage
- Culture and recreation
Based on Social Support Programmes
- Working for families
- Paid parental leave
- Child support
- Student loan debt
Register for Inland Revenue Department
This platform allows users to set up a myIR secure online service account which requires the Inland Revenue Department number and an email address. Follow the below guide to complete your registration for an account on this platform:
- Connect your device to the internet or a WIFI
- Enter the URL https://myir.ird.govt.nz/eservices/home/_/#1
- On the Registration section at the right, select either to register as an individual or non-individual
- Answer the required questions and select the right options for your application
- Read about the service and what you may need to register
- Confirm your identity by entering your surname, birthdate, passport number, and country.
- Tick the checkbox to permit the platform to obtain your information
- Click on Next
- Verify your account by providing an email and click on the link sent your mail
- Provide a password for the account
And your account registration is complete.
Login to IRD
If you already have an account on this platform, then all you have to do is log in to it. You can skip the signup or register for an account process if you are already a member of the platform. To login:
- Launch your web browser
- Enter the URL https://www.ird.govt.nz to access the homepage
- Then click on the “myIR login” option at the top of the page
- Enter your myIR user ID and password
- And click on Login
You should ensure that you complete all the actions to make your account fully verified. On the platform, you can easily estimate tax and other services whenever you want.
The IRD number can also be fully called New Zealand number or Inland Revenue Department number. It is a unique set of eight- or nine-digit numbers that allow users to receive government benefits, access to student loans, and a lot more.
The number gives users the privilege to earn money, apply for a child support program, open a bank account or KiwiSaver, and many more. Without this number, living in New Zealand is typically difficult.
Apply for NZ Number
There are some requirements before you can access the application of the number online. During this online application process, you will see the requirement. Application is for NZ citizens, resident visas or student, work visas, and also people living outside NZ.
You simply have to visit the URL www.govt.nz/browse/tax-benefit-and-finance/ird-numbers/get-an-ird-number/ on your web browser. Then select your respective application type, and where you fall under it.