The Instagram TV is also known as IGTV. It allows creators to upload high-quality, long-form, vertical videos. IGTV allows Instagram users to create channels where they can upload videos between 15 seconds and 10 minutes long.
Large accounts can upload videos that are up to 60 minutes long. IGTV exists so users can create more compelling content to engage their audience. Since engaging content is what social media is all about, IGTV is worth investigating.
CHECK THIS POST >>> MeetMe App – Chat & Meet New People | MeetMe App Download
It was made for the purpose of sharing videos that are up to 60 minutes long. Unlike Instagram, videos are not limited to one minute. The video could be up to an hour long. This is an extension of your Instagram account. And you can only do that is after you’ve gotten the app on the google play store or updated your Instagram app on your phone.
Just like your TV have different channels, so does IGTV also has channels. But on IGTV, the creators are the channels. When you follow a creator on Instagram, their IGTV channel will show up for you to watch. Anyone can be a creator as long as you have the Instagram TV app on your phone.
This feature is available for both iOS and Android apps users. You can access Instagram IGTV in two ways. You can either choose to have a separate app or use the latest version of the Instagram app. If you are an Instagram user.
You can access this feature by clicking the TV button for Instagram at the top of the app on your phone. Users can download a separate app by searching the google play store on your phone for the IGTV app. Instagram TV can also be downloaded on your computer.
And of course, if you a huge IGTV fan or creator, you can download the IGTV app. After signing onto the app, you’ll be taken to your IGTV Home Page. This page lists Creators You Follow at the top in a story-like design. You can click any of those users to be taken to their IGTV Home Page or you can scroll down to see recent IGTV videos from creators you follow.
No matter how you get, once you’re watching a full IGTV video, you can engage with it, just as you would with a regular Instagram post, by liking, commenting, saving, and sharing it.
Instagram TV Videos Requirements
Unlike Instagram Reels, IGTV videos are created outside of the Instagram app and uploaded.
For the best results, follow these technical specifications:
- Video format: MP4.
- Length: Videos must be at least one minute long.
- The maximum length your video can be is 15 minutes when uploading from a mobile device. While 60 minutes when uploading from the web.
- Size: 650MB for videos less than 10 minutes; 3.6GB for videos up to 60 minutes.
- Orientation: vertical (portrait) or horizontal (landscape)
- Aspect ratio: Instagram recommends that vertical IGTV videos should have an aspect ratio of 9:16, while horizontal videos should be 16:9.
And that’s it.
How to Share a Video on IGTV
IGTV videos need to be created outside of Instagram and then uploaded to the platform. To share your first IGTV, follow this step-by-step guide:
- Open the Instagram app, head to your profile page, and select the “plus” icon.
- Select a video from your camera roll.
- You can only select videos that are over 60 seconds in length. For most accounts, the maximum length is 15 minutes. But some will be able to share videos up to 60 minutes in length.
- Once you’ve selected a video, set a cover image by choosing a frame from the video or selecting an image from your camera roll.
- Add a title and description for your video.
- Then add your IGTV video to a series (optional) and decide whether to post a 15 second preview to your feed by toggling the button on or off.
- Tap “Edit preview” to adjust what section of your 9:16 video is displayed in the 4:5 feed preview.
- Edit how your IGTV’s cover image displays in your Instagram grid by selecting “Edit profile cover.”
- Add automated captions to your IGTV video by selecting “Advanced settings” and toggle the “Auto-generated captions” button on.
- Select “Post to IGTV” or “Save as Draft” to publish later.
When you post your first video, you’ll notice a new section on your Instagram profile. But a specific tab dedicated to your IGTV videos.
SEE THIS POST >>> Netflix New Movies – Top Movies to Watch from Netflix 2021