The Instagram App is a platform that allows users communicate with others, have fun, become creative by posting videos and image. This app helps to bring you closer to the things and people you love the most.
If you’re wondering how popular it is, then you must know that it’s owned by Facebook. Facebook is the biggest social networking media. Of course, to use the Instagram app, you have to create an account or sign in if you already have one. Also, the app is free and simple to download.
It doesn’t select the devices it works with. That is to say, it is compatible with any device type. I will be highlighting you more on Instagram App but to find out, read on. In this post, I will be showing you what Instagram means, how to download the app, signing up using the app, logging in, etc.
RELATED BLOG: Instagram Login – Instagram Sign In | Instagram Website
With the Instagram app, you can connect and share what you’re up to or see what’s new from users all over the world. It is a place where you can feel free to be yourself and also share everything from your daily moments to life highlights. It is free and has a user-friendly interface that can be understood and used by anyone. The app is compatible with any device including iOS and Android devices.
Instagram mostly known as IG is an American photo and video sharing social networking service. It is owned by Facebook. It is similar to Facebook with the profile and news feed feature. On this platform, the friends you have are known as Followers. To get followers, you also have to follow people. It is a mobile application that is compatible with any device and also there are web versions.
The web is the version that is accessed using the platform’s URL. It can be accessed using a computer or desktop, it is equally simple and free. But unlike the app, you won’t be able to upload pictures and videos. Also, sharing existing content with other users is not accessible on the Instagram web. Now, let’s dive into the features of Instagram.
Features of Instagram
Users can upload photographs and short videos. Follow and unfollow other users, and geotag images with the name of a location. Accounts can be set as private, thereby requiring that you approve any follow request. It allows its users to connect their accounts to other social platforms. On the platform, you will most likely come across hashtags, explore, photographic filters, video, IGTV, Instagram Direct, and Stories. Now you understand briefly on what Instagram means, so let’s go on to the app features and how to download it.
CHECK THIS POST: Instagram Mobile App: Get More Socialize with Instagram Social Media
The application is simple and free to use just Facebook. With the IG app, you can better express yourself and connect with friends. You can:
- Add photos and videos to your story that disappear after 24 hours and bring to them live by using creative tools.
- Message your friends on Instagram Direct.
- Post videos and pictures to your feed that you want to be shown on your profile.
- Discover brands and small businesses and also shop products that are relevant to you.
- Check out IGTV.
- Use the Explore section or feature to discover and get inspiration from photos and videos.
It is simple to have access to all the functions listed above, but you need to download the app. Also, sign up for an account.
Instagram App Download
To download the Instagram:
- Launch the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Ensure you are connected to a WIFI or internet.
- Use the search option and type Instagram.
- From the result, tap on the first one, and its information page will be loaded.
- Then tap Install or get.
The app will be installed into your device immediately and you can start using it.
To use the platform as you want, you need to have a username and password. And that’s where the account creation comes in. To create a username or account on the Instagram App, follow below;
- Install the app on your device and launch it.
- Tap on “Sign Up with Email or Phone Number” (Android phones only) or “Create New Account” (iPhone only).
- Then fill in your email or number and select “Next”. If you have a Facebook account and wish to create with it, select “Log in with Facebook”.
- Create a username and password, then fill out the needed profile info and select “Next”.
The account will be created and you can start using Instagram for free and meet new people.