Instagram TV, also known as IGTV is one of the latest features of Instagram for sharing long-form videos which could be up to an hour-long. It is also a social medium platform where videos could be shared and viewed.
This is also a tribune to share exciting, captivating, funny, and interesting videos to your audience or followers as long as they have the IGTV app or the main updated Instagram app.
CHECK THIS POST >>> WhatsApp – WhatsApp Web | Download WhatsApp App
We now live in a world where sharing of videos is now one of the moving trends on the internet today. A lot of social media users are into uploading video clips on the web and it has become a hobby for most of them. So, IGTV now gives them a greater platform to share their videos.
This is a way of bringing TV viewing to mobile users. This is because most people now find less time to watch movies. Unlike most and like other social media platform, this TV feature allows you to upload long-form videos which won’t disappear after 24 hours.
What is IGTV
IGTV videos are in vertical forms, which means that you no longer need to turn your phone to the other side to get the full-screen video. They were created to fit your phone and they start playing as soon as you open the IGTV app.
For you to share or view videos you must have the Instagram TV app or update your Instagram app. The Instagram app was built for videos not longer than 60 minutes.
This feature is available for both iOS and Android apps users. You can access the Instagram IGTV in two ways. Users can either choose to have a separate app or use the latest version of the Instagram app.
If you are an Instagram user. You can access this feature by clicking the TV button for Instagram at the top of the app on your phone. Users can download a separate app by searching the google play store on your phone for the IGTV app. Instagram TV can also be downloaded on your computer.
Instagram TV was made for the purpose of sharing videos that are up to 60 minutes long. Unlike Instagram, videos are not limited to one minute. It could be up to an hour-long. This is an extension of your Instagram account. And you can only do that is after you’ve gotten the app on the google play store or updated your Instagram app on your phone.
Just like your TV have different channels, so does IGTV also have channels. But on IGTV, the creators are the channels. When you follow a creator on Instagram, their IGTV channel will show up for you to watch. Anyone can be a creator as long as you have the Instagram TV app on your phone.
How To Post To IGTV
You can either post on the Instagram app, or maybe using the website platform via the URL www.instagram.com.
Follow the steps to post on IGTV using the mobile app:
- Open the Instagram app and tap the plus icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the video you want to upload, then tap “Next.”
- In the “Share as” menu that pops up, select “Long Video” to share the full-length video on IGTV. Tap “Continue.”
- Tap or slide the rectangle along the video preview to select a cover image for your IGTV post. Alternatively, you can select a photo from your Camera Roll as the cover image by tapping the plus icon at the bottom of the screen.
- When you’ve selected your cover photo, tap “Next.”
- Add a title and description to your video by tapping on the respective fields.
- To add your video to a series, tap “Add to Series.” If you’re creating a series for the first time, you’ll be prompted to “Create Your First Series” with a series name and optional description.
- To post a preview of your video on your feed and profile. Ensure the “Post a Preview” slider is in the “on” position (colored blue).
- Tap “Edit Profile Cover” to adjust how the cover photo appears on your grid. Tap “Save” to save your changes.
- Tap “Post” to post your video.
And that’s it.
How to Post a Video on IGTV Using the Website
Follow the steps to post using the website platform.
- Launch a web browser.
- Enter the URL www.instagram.com.
- Click “IGTV” in the menu bar just above your photo grid.
- And click “Upload.”
- Click the “+” icon to choose a video or drag and drop a video file into the box.
- Add a title and description to your video by typing in the respective fields.
- To post a preview of your video on your feed and profile. Ensure the “Post a Preview” box is checked.
- Then click on Post.
And that’s it.
SEE THIS POST >>> Facebook Dating – How to Activate Facebook Dating | Facebook Dating…