If you are curious about the cost of Ignition coil replacement, you are reading the right article. In this article, you would be educated on the cost of replacing the ignition coil of your vehicle. In addition to this, you would learn more about the ignition coil and its function in the car. So, keep on reading.
Ignition Coil Replacement Cost
There are so many parts in a car and every part is necessary for the car to function well. The ignition coil is an automotive part needed for a vehicle to start. So, what is an Ignition coil and what does it do?
The ignition coil of a car is also known as the spark coil. This coil amplifies the voltage of the car battery into thousands of volts. This amplified current creates an electric spark in the spark plug which ignites the fuel in the car.
You should know that your car won’t even start when the ignition coil is bad. Thus, you would have to replace it as soon as it gets bad. To learn more, keep on reading.
Symptoms of a Bad Ignition Coil
Before you decide on changing the coil of your car, there are some symptoms you should check out for. The symptoms are also known as the signs of a bad ignition coil.
So, what are the symptoms of a bad ignition coil? If this question is running through your mind now, the list below would help you:
- Check the engine light on the dashboard. This warning light displays on the dashboard and this is because the car is unable to start.
- Increased consumption of fuel.
- Difficulty in starting the car. The ignition coil sparks at the same time the engine is needed to start. When the bad ignition coil cannot deliver enough voltage to the spark plugs. There would be difficulty in starting the car.
- Loss of power and efficiency of the car.
- Also, a jerking or vibration of the engine while it runs or when you step on the accelerator may be an indication that your spark coil is bad.
When you discover these symptoms on your car, you should take it for maintenance to prevent further damage.
What is the Cost of Replacing Ignition Coil?
If the question above is running through your mind, this article has got you covered! You should know that the cost of replacing the ignition coil of your car is dependent majorly on the make and model of the car and also the labor fee charged by the mechanic.
To learn more about the ignition coil cost, keep on reading.
Ignition Coil Cost
The cost of a new ignition coil is dependent on the make and model of the car. However, you can get a new spark coil for the price of $20 to $100. You can purchase ignition coils from Amazon by clicking on this link now-www.amazon.com.
With this, you would call your mechanic to estimate the cost of replacing your bad ignition coil.
How to Replace Ignition Coil
Provided you have an experience of vehicle repairs, you can change the spark plug by yourself. This would definitely save you some money.
However, you would be careful when doing this as it involves high voltages. With this, you can follow the guide below carefully:
- Switch off the engine of your car.
- Open the bonnet of the car.
- Locate the car battery and locate the negative sign inscribed on the battery. This is the negative terminal.
- Use a wrench or ratchet to remove the bolt holding the wire on the negative terminal.
- Carefully remove the wire on the negative terminal.
- To make sure the wire does not come in contact with the negative terminal, tuck it in a corner.
- Be careful not to touch both terminals with your tools as this could lead to electrocution.
- Using your owner’s repair manual, locate the position of the ignition coil in the engine.
- If there are more than one cable running into the coil, label them. This would help you replace them appropriately.
- Squeeze the cable gently at the boot (the point of connection) and pull them out of the coil.
- Remove every other accessory on the coil.
- Unscrew the bolts holding the coil with a wrench or ratchet. Keep the bolts safe also.
- Remove the coil from the engine board.
- Replace the old coil with a new ignition coil.
- Install the bolts in the same position you removed them.
- Insert the plugs into the side of the new coil.
- Place the coil cables in the order you replaced them.
- Connect the removed wire to the negative terminal of your battery.
Having done this, you should test and run your car and check for unusual sounds also. If the car engine misfires, you should check that the connections of the new coil and battery are correct. With this, you can test run the car again.
- How to Get Your Facebook Dating Back After Deleting Your Profile
- Facebook Dating Complaints – Is There Any Good stuff about Facebook Dating
- Facebook Relationship – Facebook Dating App Download Free | Facebook Dating Profile
- How to Reactivate a Conversation on Facebook Dating
- ESP BAS Light – Causes of the ESP BAS Light