Every year, the United States government provides financial aid in form of grants, work-study jobs, scholarships, and loans to students planning to attend college or career schools. The website- https://studentaid.gov/ is a platform where students interested in this Federal financial aid gain access to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
This website contains information that guides students on how they can get the finance to achieve their dreams of attending and graduating from college. To learn more about the Federal Government Financial aid, keep reading.
What is FAFSA?
FAFSA is the short form for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This is a free application form with which students can apply for federal student aid. Also with this form, students can apply for financial aid from state governments, colleges, and universities. To fill out the FAFSA form you have to create an account on studentaid.gov.
How to Create an Account on studentaid.gov
In order to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form, receive updates on financial aid rendered by the United States Government, and lots more, creating an account on the website would be a wise option. These steps would guide you on how to go about it;
- Access the platform with the web browser on your internet-connected device by clicking on this link-https://studentaid.gov/.
- Click on “Create Account”.
- Read through the details and requirements on the opened page.
- Click on the “Get Started” button.
- Fill in your “Name”, ‘Date of Birth” and social security number”.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Fill in your “Username”, “Email Address” and “Password”.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
Follow the rest on-screen instructions to successfully create an account on studentaid.gov.
How to Login on studentaid.gov
The steps below would guide you on how to login into your account on the website-studentaid.gov.
- Open the web browser on your internet-connected device and enter the URL-studentaid.gov on the search bar.
- Click on “Log In”.
- Fill in your “FSA ID Username”, “Email” or “Mobile phone number”.
- Click on the “Log In” button.
With this, you will be able to log in to your student aid account.
As a student, you can apply for federal student aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Students Aid (FAFSA) form and this is done online on the website. It should be noted that this form is just for a single academic year. Using the FAFSA form, you can apply for Federal financial grants, work-study jobs, loans, etc. Your college or career school uses your information on your FAFSA form to determine if you are eligible for financial aid, many states and colleges also use FAFSA data to award their own aid so it is necessary to fill out this form.
Who is Eligible to Complete the FAFSA Form?
To be able to qualify for Federal financial aid as a student and fill out the Free Application for Federal Students Aid (FAFSA) form, there are certain requirements you must meet. They include;
- You must be in need financially.
- Your total family income in a year should be quite low.
- You should be a United States citizen or an eligible noncitizen of the United States.
- You should be enrolled in an eligible certificate program or degree at your college or career school.
If you meet this requirement, you can go ahead and apply for FAFSA. Note that this application is free and you do not need to pay any money.
How to Fill the FAFSA Form
Are you interested in filling out the FAFSA form but don’t know how to go about it? Well, this article has got you covered! To begin the process of filling out your FAFSA form, click here and follow the instructions on the opened page.
How to Complete the FAFSA form
Having gotten the knowledge of what FAFSA is all about, these steps would guide you on how to complete the FAFSA form;
- Open the platform on your web browser by clicking on this link-https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
- Click on the “Start Here” button.
- On the opened page, chose the right option (ie I am a student and want to fill out the FAFSA form).
- Click on “Use personal identifiers”.
- Enter your “Name”, “Date of Birth “and “Social Security Number”.
- Read through the opened form and click on “Accept”.
Follow the rest on-screen instructions to complete the FAFSA form.
FAFSA Customer Service
To know the FAFSA customer service phone number and also make more inquiries, you can click here. As a student, you can take advantage of this opportunity to finance your education so you should give it a try.
- Web Facebook Com – Welcome to www.facebook.com Sign in/Login Home Page
- Facebook Phone Number Search – How To Search a Phone Number…
- Facebook Ads Guide 2022 – Facebook For Business| Online Advertising on…
- Mydownloadtube – Download Free Mp4 Movies, Tv Series and Games on…
- www.fidelityrewards.com – How to Apply for a Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature…