Do you know How To Use MoneyGram? MoneyGram is a fast and trustworthy way to transfer money to your friends and family. With this platform, you can send cash outside Nigeria and also receive money or payment from other nations.
However, you will be unable to take advantage of all the platform has to offer if you can’t make a successful cash transfer with MoneyGram. Read more on this article to learn all about using MoneyGram to send, transfer, and receive money.
CHECK THIS POST >>> Walmart – Create Walmart Account | Walmart Login
How To Use MoneyGram
Not to worry, though, because this tutorial is here to teach you to do just that with instructions that are very simple to adhere to and understand. We’ll also break down the list of Nigerian banks the MoneyGram platform works with.
MoneyGram Nigeria Supporting Banks:
Only 10 Nigerian banks are available on the MoneyGram platform. Meaning, you’ll only be able to send or receive cash through MoneyGram services at these banks, no more, no less:
- Access Bank/Diamond Bank.
- Fidelity Bank.
- First Bank.
- GT bank.
- Keystone Bank.
- Polaris Bank.
- Union Bank.
And that’s it. You can get to check on any bank not listed here to verify if they operate on MoneyGram.
How to Send Money With MoneyGram
Follow the steps below to send money using MoneyGram in Nigeria:
- Head to the closest bank that provides MoneyGram services.
- Go with a valid form of ID where applicable, the full name and location of the individual you wish to send money to. Ensure the names match the ones on their ID, and the cash you want to send with a transfer fee.
- Fill in the needed details in a form that will be given to you at the location.
- Take the form back to the agent with the cash you wish to send plus the transfer fee.
- Once the transaction is done, you’ll be given a receipt, ensure it is kept in a safe place.
- After that, tell your recipient the eight-digit reference number that the agent will give you. This number will then be presented for the recipient to collect the cash at his or her location.
Asides the sending cash with the method above, it is also possible to transfer it straight to the recipient’s bank account. If this option appeals to you more, you’ll have to provide you’ll recipient’s bank name and account number.
How to Transfer Money With MoneyGram
Follow the below instructions to transfer cash to a bank account:
- Locate a bank or agent that provides MoneyGram services.
- You’ll need a valid form of ID where applicable, the full name and location of the individual you wish to send money to. Ensure the names match the ones on their ID, and the cash you want to send with a transfer fee.
- You will also need the recipient’s bank’s name and account number.
- Then you will be given a form to fill. The following details will be needed: Your first name and surname, a valid ID, your home address, street and city/town. The amount you are sending, the receiver’s address, etc.
- After filling the form, take it back to the agent.
- Then give the cash you want to send plus the transfer fee to the agent.
Call the receiver and inform your recipient of the eight-digit reference number.
As soon as the transaction is done, the cash will be sent to your recipient’s bank account. If you are on the receiving end, keep reading.
How to Receive Money With MoneyGram
If you want to collect cash in person with MoneyGram, adhere to these instructions:
- Select an agent’s location and head there with your valid ID.
- The agent will give you a “Receive” form to fill; just prepare these details. A reference number that your sender provided, your first name and surname, the amount of cash you’ll be collecting, your address, the first name and surname of the sender, the reason for the transaction.
- Take the completed form, alongside a valid photo I.D, back to the agent, and your cash will be given to you in no time.
There you go.
The MoneyGram platform can also be accessed on its mobile application. Users operating on either Android or iOS can get the app from the app store. Quickly download the app now to fasten your sending or receiving process from MoneyGram.
How to Use MoneyGram App
Here is How To Use MoneyGram App to transfer funds to another person:
- Launch your device app store.
- Enter the keyword, MoneyGram.
- Download the App.
- Sign up or log in with your MoneyGram account.
- Enter your personal information so we can verify your identity or log in with your MoneyGram account.
- Select the destination´s country, including receiver info and the send amount.
- Use a promotional code. If you have a promo code, enter it in the indicated field. The App will automatically estimate your discount. Otherwise, leave the field blank.
- Select your preferred location. Then select your preferred or nearest location where you will pay your transaction.
- Complete your transaction. Go to pay at the location you have chosen, indicating to the teller that you initiated a transaction in the App and presenting your ID (RUT or Passport).
And that’s it.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> Facebook Pay – How To Set Up Facebook Pay