Being your own boss is like working for yourself and having more flexibility and control over yourself. Before you can be a boss you need to have and run a business, make all the decisions. You can use your passion and skills to start up a business.
Although it’s not easy you need to put more effort to make your dreams turn into reality.“If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help build theirs.” says Tony Gaskins, An Author, and Professional Life Coach.
How To Start Up A Business And Become Your Own Boss
There are advantages and also disadvantages of being your own boss
The advantages are: You can control your working hours, you make the decisions ( get the credit for every achievement you make), you keep the profits for yourself( control what you earn).
The disadvantages are: it requires a lot of hard work, No steady paycheck (if your big contract ends and there’s no outstanding contract, you must get another contract immediately to sustain you and also pay your employees), You Need to do everything yourself( being a boss isn’t all about making decisions, you need to execute them well, paying bills will also be on your shoulder).
How To Become Your Own Boss?
Starting up a business for yourself is a bold step to take because it’s a time of errors, vision, belief, and trials. But Understanding the process can make you reach your goals. Below are ways to Become Your Own Boss.
- Think Of Why You Want To Become Your Own Boss: ” There’s only one success to be able to spend your life in your own way” says Christopher Morley. When you think and know why you want to become your own boss, you will be able to picture the kind of life you desire like – (earn more money, freedom to do whatever you want, A work schedule so that you can create time for yourself and your family and also pursue your passion) and make it happen.
- Learn About How To Run A Business: you can just wake up one morning and start up a business, you need to learn about how to start a business by Reading books on the subject of starting a business get knowledge from professionals, you can also go to small business centers that give lectures and help people that want to start a business. You can learn about running a business and finding financial opportunities.
- Target Market: ” There’s only one winning strategy. Is to carefully define the target market and direct a superior offering to that target market,” says Philip Kotler. You cannot be a boss without your own customers. So Immediately you choose a business model the next step is to know your target market.
- Develop your Business Name And Identity: when trying to find a name for your business, find a name that will suit your business activity in a long term. Then you can start branding, But before you design a logo, you need to develop your brand’s identity. What is a brand? Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos said it best: “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person.”
- Set-Up/ Register Your Business: if you are the only one running your business you will be a sole proprietor. Register Your Business Name and get a federal tax identification number or EIN. You can also print a business card and create a website to promote activity and make your business official and get ready to be your own boss.
There are benefits of being your own Boss, “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life”. Says Steve Jobs. Becoming your own boss does not have to be a wish or a distant dream. With patience, good plans and hard work, and also seeking information you can become your own Boss.