You have probably heard that the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has requested that all Nigerians link their NINs to their telephone lines. If you are looking for how to link your NIN to your line, you are reading the right article.
The National Identification Number (NIN) is a unique number used to identify you as a citizen of the country. You would need this number when you want to obtain your National ID card, participate in the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), open a bank account, etc. Having known this, you would learn how to link your NIN to your line so keep on reading.
How to Link your NIN to your Line
Following the directives of NIMC, the following network providers: Airtel, MTN, Glo, and 9mobile came up with easy methods with which their subscribers can link their NIN to their SIM cards. To learn more, keep on reading.
How to Link NIN to MTN
You can link your NIN to your MTN line by dialing the code to link NIN to MTN on your mobile device. To do this, follow the steps outlined below:
- Dial the USSD-*785# with the MTN phone number you want to link.
- Enter the 11 digits on your NIN slip into the required field (This is your NIN).
- Press the Submit button.
- Alternatively, simply dial *785*Your NIN#.
After this, you would receive a message confirming the successful submission of your NIN.
How to Link NIN to MTN Line Online
MTN has also provided an option with which you can link your NIN to your MTN SIM. To do this, you should have a device with which you can access the internet. The instructions below would guide you on how to go about it:
- Open the web browser on your internet connected device.
- In the search field, type com/nin and then press the search button.
- Select “Link my NIN” on the opened page.
- Specify the Type of NIN (NIN or VNIN).
- Enter your NIN.
- Fill in the phone number you want to link.
- Select “Next” on your screen.
Having done this, your NIN would be submitted for verification and you don’t have to worry about your MTN line being barred.
How to Link NIN to GLO
You may be a Glo user and you don’t know how to link your NIN to your Glo line. You can link your NIN by two simple options. If you do not have a browsing device or internet connection, follow the steps below:
- On your mobile phone, tap the message icon.
- Type “UPDATE NIN FirstName and LastName” on the message field (your First and last name should be filled in the respective places)
- Send this message to the link NIN to Glo code-109.
Having done this, your NIN would be submitted successfully.
How to Link NIN to Glo Online
If you have a browsing device and an internet connection, you can use these steps below to link your NIN to your Glo Line.
- Click this link to go to the GLO NIN submission page with your internet-connected device.
- Fill in your “Name” and the “Mobile Phone Number” you would like to link.
- Enter and re-enter your “National Identification Number on the given fields.
- Fill in your “Email Id.”
- At the bottom of your display screen, click the “Submit” button.
If you have having difficulties with inputting your NIN on the page, you can try refreshing the page and entering your details again. If this continues, you can contact the Glo customer service by clicking here.
How to Link NIN to 9mobile
To link your NIN to your 9mobile phone number, you can dial the code to link NIN to 9mobile on your mobile device. Here’s how to go about it:
- Dial the USSD code *200*8# on your Phone (this is the USSD code used to link NIN to 9mobile).
- Insert your National Identification Number (NIN).
- Follow the rest of the screen’s instruction.
After you’ve completed this, you’ll receive a notification confirming that your NIN was successfully submitted and that your 9mobile line will not be banned if it is verified.
How to Link NIN to 9mobile Online
You can also visit the 9mobile web page to submit your NIN. To do this, follow the steps outlined below:
- On your internet-connected device, open a web browser.
- In the search field, type 9mobile.com.ng/nin and then press the search button.
- Select “Verify and Link your NIN Now” on your screen.
Complete the process by filling in the relevant information and following the on-screen instructions.
How to Link NIN to Airtel
To link your NIN to your Airtel SIM card, you can dial the code to link NIN to Airtel on your mobile phone. This code is *121*1#. Alternatively, you can visit the Airtel NIN Submission page by clicking here and following the on-screen instructions.
With the information from this article, you should hurry to link your NIN with your line before your line gets barred.
- Facebook For Hookups – Facebook Dating Free | Facebook Dating Reviews
- Dating on Facebook is Free – Facebook Dating Sites | Facebook Dating Reviews
- How to Access Your Facebook Dating Messages
- How to Reactivate a Conversation on Facebook Dating App Free
- Go to nbc.com Activate – NBC Activate Apple TV | NBC Activate Smart TV