One of the most annoying natural problems almost everybody has in their homes is the problem of mice. Absolutely no one would claim to like all the disturbing rattling noises usually caused by mice at night. What about all the destruction of valuable properties and foodstuffs by these treacherous creatures? The existence of these disturbances has prompted us to give you information on how to get rid of all the mice in your home.
How to Get Rid of Mice in Your Home
Mice are common pests in almost every human household. They migrate into houses in search of food, warmth, or shelter. These pests reproduce very fast, and they spread diseases. They destroy clothes, furniture, toys, books, wires, etc. by chewing on them. These animals leave traces of urine and feces, which contain viruses and bacteria.
Tips to Get Rid of Mice from Your Home
The tips below will help you get rid of mice in your home and prevent infestation.
- Use essential oils: The smell of some oils repels these pests. These oils are peppermint and clove oils. To use this method effectively, all you have to do is soak cotton balls with these oils and put them in places that attract mice, like cupboards, drawers, and home entryways.
- Use Human Traps: If you are not violent to animals and want to keep these mice alive, you can set human traps to keep the animals alive but in bondage until you are able to set them free. Keep these traps in areas where mice are most attracted, and when the mice are caught, set them free a mile away from your house. You can either build your own human traps or buy already built ones.
- Try Hot Pepper Solutions: It may seem like a very good idea to use poisonous baits for mice, but these baits may be harmful to the pets and even the kids. The best baits to use in this case are harmless ones. A good example of these substances is hot pepper solutions. Spray them where mice and rats mostly visit in the house but far away from kids.
- Another good tip here is to pack little tight spaces where mice can visit with steel wool. Steel wool is very unpleasant to chew and will naturally deter these animals.
- Apart from steel wool, you can block tight spaces where mice can visit with duct tape.
These steps or tips will help you totally eliminate mice in your house.
How to Get Rid of Mice in Your Home Naturally
To get rid of mice in your home naturally, get their natural enemy in the form of a pet. Cats not only serve as pets, but they also aid in the prevention of mice and infestations in the home. This could be a very good option if no member of your family is allergic to cats. If you cannot get cats, buy cat liters and put them in places that are visited by mice. Also, try to keep them away from the reach of children.
Diseases Spread by Mice
Although mice are cute, they are also dangerous. Though many people have them as pets, they carry a lot of diseases. The list below summarizes the major diseases caused by mice.
- Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome and lymphocytic choriomeningitis: This is a respiratory and neurological disease caused by inhaling the droppings and urine of mice. Sometimes, the bite of mice can cause this disease.
- Leptospirosis: This is a very infectious disease caused by drinking water having traces of urine from mice.
- Salmonellosis: This is a disease caused by bacteria that is contained in mouse feces. Children, usually below the age of 5, are at risk of getting this disease.
- Plague, typhoid, and pox (rickettsial infections): These diseases can be transmitted by mice, fleas, and mites. It is mainly contained in the droppings of mice.
Conclusively, it is better to prevent mice from going into your homes than to look for a cure for these diseases. To prevent mice, make sure food items are stored properly. Grains should be kept in sealed containers. Make sure the house is kept clean at all times.
- How to Make Own Sticker in Facebook – How to Use Facebook Avatar | Facebook Avatar
- Facebook VS Facebook Lite – What’s the Difference Between Facebook and Facebook Lite
- What Does’ Recently’ Used Dating Means On Facebook?
- Facebook Messenger Lite – Download Facebook Messenger Lite App
- How to Make Your Own Laundry Detergent