Having a broken steering wheel could be an eyesore and with this, you should know how to fix a broken steering wheel. In this article, you would learn more about the steering wheel, how to fix a broken steering wheel and lots more. So, keep on reading to the end to learn more.
The steering wheel of a car may look small on the surface but it performs a major function in the car. The steering wheel of a car is used to translate the rotational control of a driver into the movement of the tyres. The parts of the steering system of a vehicle needs to be maintained and repaired when due to ensure effective functioning.
How to Fix a Broken Steering Wheel
Fixing your broken steering wheel is much easier than you think and even if you don’t have an experience on car repairs, the guide in this article would help do it successfully. However, before proceeding to fix your broken steering wheel, there are some tools and materials you would be needing. They include:
- Urethane glue.
- A file.
- Screw drivers.
- Your vehicle’s owner’s manual and
- Your work clothes.
You could as well purchase a steering wheel repair kit. These tools and materials are not hard to get and with this, you are ready to fix your broken steering wheel all by yourself. Follow the steps below to fix your broken steering wheel by yourself:
- Park your vehicle and make sure the ignition is turned off.
- Remove any rubber or plastic casing on your steering wheel.
- Clean the steering wheel with a mild detergent and water.
- Use a wire brush to gently remove the rust from the metal ring.
- Pour water into the cracks on your steering wheel.
- Pour the urethane glue into water to activate it.
- Pour the urethane activated glue into the cracks gently and allow it to foam.
- With this, the Urethane glue would fill the crack on the steering wheel.
- Wait for the glue to dry and wipe the excess with a clean foam.
- Use a brush to fill the holes and cracks on the steering wheel with the epoxy filler.
- Use the epoxy filler to fill large areas of missing coating.
- Wait for the Epoxy filler to harden and file the steering wheel with a file.
- With a sand paper, sand the steering wheel and remove any excess.
- Coat with the filler as many times as possible until the cracks are covered.
- Sand with a sand paper to make it neat.
- Finish your work by applying a black paint.
Having done this, your steering wheel would have a new look, as good as new!
Steering Wheel Repair Service
Do you feel your steering wheel is too deteriorated for you to fix yourself? If so, you should consider taking your vehicle for a steering wheel repair service at any auto care service center. However, not all auto care service centers offer the steering wheel repair service. But you can locate a steering wheel repair service with the help of the guide in this article.
How to Locate a Steering Wheel Repair Service Center
Provided you have an access to the internet, you can locate a steering wheel repair service center close to you. Don’t know how to go about it? the steps below would guide you:
- Open the web browser on your internet connected mobile phone or computer.
- On the search bar, enter the keywords “Steering Wheel Repair Service” and click on the search icon.
- On the opened page, you can navigate through the map to locate the Steering wheel repair service center close to you.
Note that the location on your internet browsing device must be turned on for an accurate search result. Having done this, you can take your vehicle for a steering wheel repair service.
Steering Wheel Repair Kit
There is not doubt that your steering wheel would keep on wearing out overtime. This may be due to factors such as old age, temperature, dust, road debris and lots more. However, you can purchase a Steering wheel repair kit to maintain and fix your steering wheel when it gets broken. You can purchase a Steering wheel repair kit from Amazon. To do this, visit the Amazon official web page online by clicking on this link-www.amazon.com. Having done this, you can search for “Steering wheel Repair Kit” with the search bar at the top of your screen and proceed to make a purchase.
You should also ensure you maintain the look of your steering wheel by developing a habit of daily cleaning with quick wipes and a mild detergent.
- Facebook Dating Reviews Update – Facebook Dating App Download | Facebook Dating Reviews
- Dating on Facebook App 2022 – Facebook Dating Reviews | Facebook Dating App Download Free
- Facebook Dating App Profile – Is Facebook Dating Free | Facebook Dating Profile
- How Does Facebook Dating Works – Facebook Dating Reviews | Facebook Dating Profile
- The Real Housewives of Lagos – How to Watch the Real Housewives of Lagos on Showmax