If you are looking for a detailed guide on how to charge a car battery while it is parked, you are in the right place. You would be surprised to know that you can charge the battery of a car in two ways while it is parked.
This article would cover every detail concerning the battery of your car. So, to learn more, you should keep on reading.
How to Charge Car Battery While Parked
The battery of a car is also called an automotive battery. The work of the car battery on your car is to start the car. This battery is rechargeable and it is the work of the alternator to do so.
There are two methods with which you can charge a car battery while it is parked. You can do this using a car battery charger. Alternatively, you can jumpstart your car. To learn more about this, keep on reading.
What is a Car Battery Charger?
A car battery charger is also known as a speed or trickle charger based on how you set the charging pace. This charger is designed to recharge a car’s dead battery. You can use the speed or trickle charger If your vehicle has been sitting for a long period of time without you driving it.
However, you should not use this charger when the alternator of your car is faulty as this would not cover up for you fixing the alternator. You can buy a good car battery charger by clicking here now.
How to Charge Car Battery
There are times you start your car but it won’t respond. This can be frustrating right? This can be caused by a dead battery.
You do not always have to call your mechanic for the battery charging services. It’s not difficult to learn how to charge it yourself.
As it was said earlier, you can either charge your car’s battery with a charger or jumpstart the car. In this article, you would get a detailed guide on how to charge your battery while it is parked with both methods. So, kindly read to the end.
How to Charge Car Battery with Charger
Do you have a car battery charger? You can charge your battery at any time with it. Don’t know how to go about it? This article has got you covered.
You can follow the guide below to charge your car battery with the speed or trickle charger:
- Open the hood of your car.
- Make sure your car battery charger is switched off.
- Place the charger on a leveled surface. Also make sure it is at a safe distance from the battery.
- Connect the positive wire from the car battery charger to the positive terminal on your battery (the part labelled +).
- Locate the negative cable of the charger and connect it to the negative terminal of your battery.
- Make sure the cables are firmly attached as this would prevent the flow of current from disrupting.
- Turn on the car battery charger.
- Set the charger to the voltage specified by the manufacturer’s manual of your vehicle.
- Allow the battery to charge.
If you wish to leave your battery charging overnight, you can leave it to charge slowly.
How to Jumpstart a Car
If you do not have a car battery charger, you can make do with a charged battery from another car. You can use this charged battery to charge your car while it is parked.
Follow the steps outlined below to Jumpstart your car:
- Park the car with the charged battery close to your car and turn off the engine.
- Apply the handbrakes in both cars to prevent the tires from rolling.
- Open the hood of your car.
- locate the Jump start cable with the owner’s manual.
- Connect the red clamp of the jump start cable to the positive terminal of your car battery.
(You should not that the clamps of the jump start cable are not to come in contact with each other as this may cause electrocution.)
- Attach the black clamp of the jump start cable to the negative terminal of your car battery.
- Place the second red clamp of the jump start cable on the positive terminal of the charged battery.
- Connect the other black clamp of the jump start cable to a metal part in your car (A nut on the engine should do).
- You should be careful while carrying out the step above.
- Start the engine of the car with the charged battery.
- Let the engine run for a couple of minutes.
- Switch on the engine of your car.
- Allow the engines of both cars run for some minutes.
- Disconnect the jump start cables in the reverse order in which they were connected
- Allow your car run for a couple of minutes and let the alternator charge the battery sufficiently.
With the knowledge from this article, you should be able to charge the battery of your car while it is parked.
- Dating App on Facebook Singles – Facebook Dating App Download Free | Online Dating on Facebook App
- Facebook For Hookups – Facebook Dating Free | Facebook Dating Reviews
- Facebook Dating Review 2022 Reddit – Facebook Dating Profile Quality
- Facebook Download Dating App – Facebook Dating Profile | Facebook Dating App
- WinZip Registry Optimizer – WinZip Registry Optimizer Price and Plans