How to Block a Number on Android. Everyone loves to stay in touch with the people they care about as much as they avoid scammers. Well, no one likes to deal with telemarketers, spammers, and other annoying or unwanted calls. However, Android has provided the tools to block a number on Android. The steps to do this are easy, regardless of the version or device you are using.
You can block numbers at the device level; it is allowed by most modern Android phones. This gives users complete control over which numbers can get through. Through this page, you will get all the easy steps you need to block a number on Android.
How to Block a Number on Android
The steps to blocking a number on Android are similar to every other regular Android device. The steps you have to follow may vary by the type of device you are making use of, but the difference won’t be much.
Steps to block Android
- Launch the Phone app from your Android phone’s home screen.
- Enter the recent or history section.
- Click and hold the number you want to block and select the “Blow number option” from the menu that appears.
- It is also worth noting that you can tap the three-dot button next to the number to bring up the same menu shown above.
- When the verification message pops up, tap the Block option to confirm the action.
- If you don’t want to block the number or select the wrong one, tap the Cancel option from the verification message.
Those are the steps you need to follow to block a number on Android.
How to Block a Number on a Samsung Galaxy Phone
On most devices, Androids look similar, with one exception – Samsung Galaxy smartphones. The interface on Samsung devices is a little different, so we’ll explain how to block a number on a Samsung Galaxy phone below.
Steps to block a number on a Samsung Galaxy device:
- Lunch the Phone app from your phone’s home screen.
- Select the recent tab at the bottom.
- Tap the number you want to block and tap the circled information (i) button.
- Select the block icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Block when the verification message appears on the screen.
- If you don’t see the block icon at the bottom of the screen, tap the three-dot more button.
- Then, click the Block contact option from the menu that appears.
Blocking numbers on an Android phone
If an unwanted number keeps blowing up on your phone with spam or texts, knowing how to block a number on Android will come in useful. Using the steps above, you should be able to block any calls or texts from unwanted numbers on Android easily. Have it in mind that blocking a number on Android will vary slightly based on the phone’s model and Android version.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you block someone, do they know?
If you block a contact on Android or iPhone, they will still be able to send you text messages. These messages will not show up on your phone, but the sender will see the messages as sent. They won’t know that they’ve been blocked.
What happens when you block a number and they try to call you?
When you block a number on your Android phone, the caller can no longer contact you. Phone calls do not ring through to your phone; they go directly to voicemail. Well, the blocked caller would only hear your phone ring once before being diverted to voicemail.
Does green text mean “block”?
Bear in mind that the bubble color isn’t a perfect indicator that you’ve been blocked; green conversation bubbles can also mean the person’s phone is off, they’re offline, or they’ve finally switched to Android.
Why do blocked calls still ring?
Between the first and second rings, the caller ID is sent to the phone. This means rejected calls will still ring once. Well, only a carrier rejects a call. If your carrier has such a facility, it can reject the call without ringing the phone since it can delay ringing the phone until after the call ID is sent.
How many times does a phone ring if you are blocked?
If you call a number and you only hear one ring and after that, you are directed to a voicemail, chances are high that you have been blocked. If you hear the same thing for 3–4 days and the number only rings once before being directed to a voicemail, you have definitely been blocked.