Are you a professional cleaner or housekeeper and your dream is to work outside your country or working in the United State? Have you made several plans in relocating to the United State to work but it was distorted because of a lack of funds? Well, we bring good news you will love to hear.
Housekeeping jobs in USA with visa sponsorship are one great opportunity you will want to take advantage of, as a cleaner or housekeeper. Would you like to know how to go about it? If yes then keep reading.
Housekeeping Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
Getting a housekeeping job in the United States with visa sponsorship is very easy and with the timely intervention of technology, things are even made easier. This type of job is a temporary one and if you are lucky, you can be employed as a permanent worker. However, it all depends on how serious you are with your job and how well your intentions are in making improvements on yourself.
Who is a Housekeeper
Housekeepers are persons who are responsible for the supervision of a house cleaning staff. They also perform the cleaning duties themselves at some point. In simple terms, they can perform any combination of light cleaning in other to maintain private households or even commercial apartments.
Type to Housekeeping Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship to Apply For
Below are different types of housekeeping jobs you can apply for:
Live in Housekeeper
Live-in housekeepers are housekeepers who can work either as full-time or part-time members of staff on properties. They are also provided accommodation.
Well, they are seen as a high-standard professional who can clean, tidy, and ensure clients’ homes and properties are taken care of. They earn an average salary of $20 to $30 per hour and $40,000 to $45,00 per year.
Live Out Housekeeper
This is the opposite of a live-in housekeeper. They work full-time or part-time pending a laid-down conclusion. This type of housekeeper is under an obligation to carry out cleaning, tidying, wardrobe management duties, and more. The are paid average salary of a live-out housekeeper is from $19.12 to $20.22 per hour and $23,162 to $27,540 per year.
A cleaner is a person who offers a service of cleaning. Some of their duties include dusting or mopping and sweeping floors. They also make sure restrooms and common areas stay fresh by performing routine inspections every day at a specified time. They earn an average salary of $20.21 and more per hour and $20,370 to $39,140 in a year.
House Manager/ Housekeeper
In this case, a housekeeper combined with house management is the next tier of supper. They provide additional house management support which includes admin, managing contractors, managing household routes or schedules, and ensuring that the property is cared for along with all the typical housekeeping duties. They are paid an average of $13.21 to $16.31 per hour and $37, 357 to $40,000 per year.
For lead housekeepers, they are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the housekeeping department. They oversee a team of housekeepers, maids, and janitors and ensure that all areas of the hotel are clean and well-maintained. They earn an average of $11 to $16.31 per hour and $24,963 and $31,037 per year.
Qualifications for Housekeeping Jobs
Housekeepers are in high demand in the United States and the visa sponsorship program has made it possible for qualified individuals from other countries to gain employment. As it has no country restriction. However, in other to become a professional housekeeper, you must possess certain qualifications. Some of these qualifications include:
- High school diploma or an equivalent.
- Ability to be attentive to little details.
- Ability to manage your time efficiently.
- Good interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Positive Attitude work
- Ability to work as a team.
- Work well unsupervised.
- Handle basic maintenance and cleaning.
- Hard worker.
This and lots more are the qualifications and skills needed to become a housekeeper in the United States.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Housekeeper
Below are listed duties and responsibilities of a housekeeper when employed:
- Clean, stock, and supply designated facilities.
- Vacuum, empty trash and replace liners.
- Sets up, stocks, and maintains cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ensure all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards
- Assists other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Protect equipment and make sure there are no inadequacies
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities.
- Responsible for all basic cleaning in and around the residence or office buildings.
- Transports dirty lines to the correct areas to be cleaned and restocks areas with clean lines.
Benefits of Housekeeping Job
On this page, we will be giving you the listed benefits of being a housekeeper. You can check them out below:
- As a housekeeper, you can build your schedule around your life.
- No need for a degree.
- You grow and learn new things while still employed.
- Being a housekeeper comes with fulfillment.
- And you are accessible to an attractive salary.
Where to Find a Housekeeper Job in USA
With the use of technology, getting a job in the United States is even easier just as we stated before now. You need to have all the necessities in place and you can then start the process. These necessities include having a good device, getting a legit website, and all needed valid documentation. Below are websites you should look at before applying:
How to Apply for a Housekeeping Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
Below are processes you can follow when applying for a housekeeping job:
- Get a device that is well-connected to a good internet connection.
- Make use of a legit website such as LinkedIn, indeed, and others.
- Use the search bar to search for the job typing in the job title and location.
- When you find the job, go through the job description to ensure you are qualified for the job.
- If the job requires you to submit a CV and application letter, create one to US standard and upload it on the platform.
Follow all instructions on the website to complete the process.
Housekeeping Work Visa
The best visa needed for this job with visa sponsorship is an “H1B”. this is a temporary visa and it allows employers to make a petition for sponsorship on the immigration of a qualified employee in another country. It is; however, a non-agricultural work visa and it has a duration of six months. But it allows holders to make extension applications.
Salary of a Housekeeper in USA
The average salary of a housekeeper in the United State is $13 to $20 hourly and $30 to $40 yearly. This amount however can change as time go on or as you advance in your work experience.
Is Housekeeping Job Difficult?
Housekeeping is not difficult and as you go on with your duty you start improving yourself and learning new things.
Is Housekeeping Job a Good Job?
Yes. It is one of the best jobs you can think of. This is because it functions both part-time and full-time and doesn’t need a special degree. Furthermore, it is flexible and enjoyable, plus attractive salary involvement.
Who Can Sponsor me for a Visa to the United State?
You can get sponsorship from a family member or employer and also a friend in the USA. However, your person must be a permanent resident or American Citizen. Also, your sponsor should be at least 18 years.