Do you want to find out the Head Gasket Repair cost? If yes, you are reading the right article. Having a blown head gasket could pose a risk to you and your vehicle and also cause further damage. Having known this, the issue has to be fixed as soon as possible to keep your vehicle road worthy. To learn more about the Blown Head Gasket and the Head Gasket repair cost, kindly read to the end.
Head Gasket Repair Cost
When the Head gasket of your vehicle is blown, you would be needing a Head gasket repair. What does it mean to have a blown head gasket? The term “Blown head gasket” is used to describe the damaged seal between the engine block and the cylinder head of a car. The head gasket is a component that covers the space between a vehicle’s cylinder head and the engine block. A blown head gasket is caused by overheating of the engine which leads to the sagging of the seal and thus, leakages. Having known what a blown head gasket is, you should continue reading to learn more.
How Much Does a Head Gasket Repair Cost?
Knowing that the head gasket of your car needs an urgent repair, you may be wondering “How much does a Head gasket repair cost?”. The cost of repairing a head gasket would be an average of $1,500. This price varies because the cost of the replacement parts varies in different stores as well as the service fee charged. Also, you should call your local mechanic to know the service fee and with this, you would have an awareness of how much a head gasket repair cost.
Blown Head Gasket Symptoms
There are some symptoms that indicate that your Head gasket is blown. The symptoms here mean the signs of a blown head gasket. The blown head gasket symptoms include:
- Overheating of the engine. This is the first symptom of a blown head gasket.
- Coolant loss with no physical evidence of a leakage. This is due to the internal leakage of the head gasket which burns your vehicle’s coolant.
- When you notice a bubbling inside your Vehicle’s radiator or surge tank, this is a sign that the head gasket is blown. This happens because the combustion gases leak into the radiator.
- External leakage of oil or coolant. This leakage may also be evident at the bottom of your car and the point between the engine block and the cylinder’s head.
- A milky coolant is also an indicator of a Blown head gasket and this is because the Engine oil may have mixed up with the coolant.
- Poor engine performance. Generally, when the head gasket is blown there is an escape of compression through the open valve of the cylinder and this affects the performance of the vehicle’s engine negatively.
- White, blue or gray colored smoke from the exhaust of a vehicle.
With these symptoms, you should be able to detect if your vehicle has a blown head gasket.
How do I Locate a Head Gasket Repair Near Me?
Do you want to locate an auto service center where you can repair your blown head gasket? If yes, this article has got you covered. Provided you have an access to the internet, you can locate a center where you can repair your blown head gasket. Don’t know how to go about it? The steps outlined below would help you:
- Turn on the location on your internet-connected device.
- Open the web browser on your device.
- On the search field, enter “Head Gasket Repair Near Me” and click on the search icon.
- On the opened result page, click on the map.
- Navigate through the map to view the Head gasket repair centers near you.
Having done this, you would easily locate an Auto service center where you can repair your blown head gasket. You should note that the search results would be displayed based on your location.
Can You Drive with a Blown Head Gasket?
Having gotten much knowledge from this article, you may have wondered if it is right for you to drive a vehicle with a blown head gasket. The answer is NO! This is because a vehicle with a blown head gasket could be further damaged if left unrepaired for a period of time. In simple words, a car with a blown gasket head is not road worthy. Therefore, you should contact and book an appointment with your mechanic as soon as possible for your vehicle’s Head gasket repair.
- Facebook Dating Reviews Update – Facebook Dating App Download | Facebook Dating Reviews
- Dating on Facebook App 2022 – Facebook Dating Reviews | Facebook Dating App Download Free
- Facebook Dating App Profile – Is Facebook Dating Free | Facebook Dating Profile
- How Does Facebook Dating Works – Facebook Dating Reviews | Facebook Dating Profile
- The Real Housewives of Lagos – How to Watch the Real Housewives of Lagos on Showmax