The Google Voice platform is a free internet telephone service that allows you to combine all your cellular services, and forward calls to several devices at a time. If you have a landline at home, as well as a business phone and your personal smartphone, you can give out one simple Google Voice number. And when someone calls, you’ll be notified at all three numbers.
You can also use Google Voice on a computer to place and receive calls. But before you can use any of Google Voice’s features, you’ll need to have a Google account first. You’ll also need to have an existing U.S.-based mobile or landline phone number.
CHECK THIS POST >>> Google Pixel 6 – Google Pixel 6 Specs | Google Pixel…
For the user who simply has too many phones and numbers to manage, Google Voice is a great resource for merging multiple communication channels. It’s also good for regular travelers who are forced to bounce between carriers.
Google Voice Account
If you find yourself changing phone numbers and paying a fortune for international calls, or for those users who are looking to record incoming calls for free , it’s also a great option.
Google Voice Account Number
To use the the number, you are required to create an account under the app or website. You can download the app from either iOS App Store or Android Play Store to download the app.
Computer users can visit the website via the URL https://voice.google.com to create an account. Creating an account with this platform is same as creating a Gmail account. Since the platform is owned by Google, users only need a Google Account to get this set up.
Follow the steps to create a Google Account:
- Go to www.google.com.
- Locate and select the Sign in button in the top-right corner of the page.
- Click Create an account.
- The signup form will appear. Follow the directions by entering the required information, such as your name, birth date, and gender.
- The Create your profile page will appear. Click Add a photo if you want to add a photo to your profile. If you don’t want to set a profile photo at this time, click Next step.
Your account will be created, and the Google welcome page will appear.
How to set up Google Voice on a computer
Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting you started the platform:
- Go the Google Voice website.
- Sign into your Google account if you aren’t already.
- Enter your area code or city in the Google Voice text box.
- In the drop-down that appears, select a phone number.
- You’ll then be prompted to verify your existing phone number. Click “Verify” on the page that loads.
- Type in the number you want Google to forward your calls to.
- Click “Send Code.”
- Once you receive the code either via text or phone call, enter it into the box.
- Click “Verify.”
- To confirm that this is the number you want your calls forwarded to, click “Claim.”
It will prompt you to click “Finish” twice before you’re done.
How to Set Up Google Voice on Mobile Device
Here is how to set up an account on mobile phone:
- Download the Google Voice app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Once the app is open, select which account you’d like to attach a Voice number to and tap “Continue.”
- On the next page, tap “Search” in the lower-right corner to select a Google Voice number.
- Enter your zip code or city to load a list of regionally relevant numbers for you to choose from.
- Tap the green “Select” button next to the number you want.
- Google Voice will confirm the number you selected. Tap “Next” on the next two screens to begin the verification process.
- Enter the phone number you want to connect to your number.
- On the next screen, enter the code texted to your phone before selecting “Verify.”
Tap “Claim” to confirm you want to link the number to your phone before choosing “Finish.”
SEE THE POST >>> Best Android Apps – Best Social Media Apps | The Best…