The Google Duo App is one of the highest simple videos calling app that you can use on your smartphone. It gives you free face to face with the people who matter the most. Google Duo, enjoy high-quality video and voice calls on Android, iOS, web, and more. That means you can use it to connect and communicate with friends, family, and anyone who uses the app too.
It is simple and free, so it means you don’t have to pay to use it on your smartphone. Also, the app is free for all to download matter the device that you’re using. So, let’s dive in.
Google Duo App
Google Duo is a video chat mobile app developed by Google. It is available on Android and also on iOS operating devices. Google Duo was released on August 16, 2016. With the platform, you can make video and voice calls in high definition.
The duo is optimized for low bandwidth networks and an end to end encryption is enabled by default. Google Duo is based on phone numbers. And this allows users to call someone from their contact list. There’s a feature known as “Knock Knock” and it lets users see a live preview of the caller before answering. It can be used as a great alternative means to phone calls.
Google Duo Features
Duo video calls are in 720p HD video. And as I said earlier, they are optimized for low bandwidth mobile networks. Like that, there are some really interesting and awesome features that the service can be used for. Here’s are the major features the Duo video calling app;
- Make calls between Android and iOS: the device you’re using matter. You can use it on the web, phone, or tablet.
- Group call with up to 32 people: using this app, you can bring together all the people you love no matter the distance.
- Use Family mode and bring everyone together: doodle on the video calls and surprise loved ones with fun masks and effects that could transform you into a cat, or any other thing.
- Capture special moments.
- Send video and voice messages, photos, and other media files.
- Use low light mode
- Make high-quality video calls for free.
The above are the major features of the app and you can discover more about Google Duo app by downloading and installing it on your device.
Google Duo App Download
The Google Duo App is simple and free to download. So, get the app, and using it will surely be easy to do. Start by launching the App Store on your Android or iOS device and then follow the instructions below:
- Tap on the search box and type in Google Duo, then select the first result.
- The duo information page will be loaded, tap on “Install” to get.
Immediately, the Duo app will be downloaded and then installed once it’s done. After the app has been installed, the next step is the step process to use it.
Google Duo App Install
Google Duo is a free service. However, before you can set up, you need;
- Phone number.
- Access to a phone that can receive SMS messages.
- To use across devices, you need to have a Google account.
Now, let’s dive in on how to set up and use the app. You can connect on Google Duo using a phone number or Google Account. So, let’s look at how to use your number and how to connect Google account. Follow below;
Verify Your Phone Number
Have in mind that you can skip this number verification process. Follow below to verify your number to use Duo;
- On your mobile, enter your phone number and make sure it is correct.
- Tap on Agree.
- Google duo will send a code in a one-time SMS message to the number that you entered.
- Enter the code that you received in the text message.
Your number will be verified to be used for making and receiving video and voice calls.
Google Duo App Account
Follow the instructions below to connect your Google Account;
- To connect with your Google Account, tap “Agree”.
- If you already use Duo on another device with your Google Account, sign in with the same account to finish set up.
Just like that, you will be signed in to use the account. To learn more, you can visit the Google Support page.