Do you want to try out the Gap Credit Card? If your answer is yes then you are on the right page I am going to show you how you can access the Gap Credit in no time with some guidelines. But there are certain things you would need to know about it.
You will need to know how one can register on the Gap Credit Card platform online and also how to login and some other important information.
Gap Credit Card
The Gap Credit Card is a great card for people who are loyal Gap customers who spend enough at retail locations to be able to turn that spending into valuable reward points also that can be exchanged for gift certificates and discounts. There is simply no annual fee for the Gap Credit Card but it comes with a hefty interest rate for purchases of about 24.99% APR and also 26.99% APR for cash advances.
Neither interest rate is anywhere close to reasonable, and it is also highly recommended that if you end up becoming a cardholder you pay your balance in full every month so as to not be pouring money down the drain.
Then completing the application is very simple and only takes just a few minutes. Those who want to apply for the Gap Credit Card might do so easily on a website run by Gap and also backed by Synchrony Bank (SYNCB), and even can use some helpful guidance to complete the application as fast as possible.
Through the application process, SYNCB will determine your creditworthiness of you and thus issue either the Gap Credit Card or the Gap Visa Credit Card, the difference between the two is simply based on the rate at which you can earn reward points. Simply scroll down to this page and then you will find a step-by-step guide that will explain everything you need to know about completing the application process online.
Pros and Cons of the Gap Credit Card
- Account opening discount
- Points rewards system is straightforward and easy to use
- High variable APR makes it costly to carry a balance
- Low rewards-earning potential, especially at stores that are not part of Gap Inc.
- Can only redeem rewards points at Gap Inc. stores like Old Navy and the Banana Republic
How to Register on Gap Credit Card Online
Here are the steps that you should follow when you want to register on the Gap credit card:
- You should Visit the application homepage https://gap.syf.com/, pictured below.
- In the following section, applicants provide basic personal and financial information to allow SYNCB to evaluate them as potential candidates. You will need to enter the following information into the blank spaces provided:
- Full Name
- Phone Number(s)
- Annual Net Income
- Duration at Current Address
- Enter the following information in the blank spaces provided:
- Date of birth
- Social security number
- Mother’s maiden name
- You can now decide how you would like to receive your statements, assuming you are approved for a credit card. Although you might choose paper statements, opting for electronic statements will earn you an immediate amount of $500 reward points.
- In an event of an unforeseen accident or calamity SYNCB gives or offers debt protection up to $10,000 for 1.6% of your monthly bill debited from your account automatically each month. For a more in-depth look at the policy, make sure you read the Program Agreement. If you would like the policy simply click the tickbox to give your consent.
- Then read the Terms and Conditions and also click the tickbox to consent to them. Finally, you can now click the SECURE SUBMIT button to complete the application process.
These are the steps you must follow when you want to register on the Gap Credit Card.
How to Login on Gap Credit Card
If you want to log in and looking for steps to do so then you should read and follow all the steps below:
- You should go to the website https://gap.syf.com/
- Then if you want to log in just enter in the required boxes, your username, and then your password.
- When you have done that then you should click the sign in button to get in.
How to Activate the Gap Credit Card Online
If you want to activate this card then you should simply follow all the steps given below for assistance:
- You should install and launch the Barclays Gap Credit Card app on your mobile device, or visit the activation page or website barclaysus.com.
- If you already have an online account you should then choose the “Existing Cardmember” and then log in using your username and your password. You can now verify your identity by completing the required fields. Your card will then be activated and ready for use.
- If you are a new Cardmember or don’t even have online account access set up you can simply select “Activate my card now” and then complete the required fields.
- Also, Select “Continue” and then your new card will immediately be activated and ready to use.
These are the steps you should follow when you want to activate your Gap Credit card.
Where can I manage and get information about my account?
The Gap Inc. Credit Cards are serviced by Barclays Bank. So if you want to find information about your account, you can simply then create an online Barclays account at gap.barclaysus.com. and proceed further for more details of your account.
Can I pay my credit card bill in-store?
Unfortunately, the stores cannot accept Gap Inc. Credit Card payments or provide return address envelopes. There are simply various ways in which you can make a payment: by mail, over the phone, or online at gap.barclaysus.com. When paying by phone, you should know it is free to pay through the automated system; however, there may be a fee to pay with a live agent.
Can I use rewards to pay my credit card bill?
Rewards can never be used to make payments toward your account. Rewards can simply only be used toward purchases of merchandise made in-store or online at Old Navy, Gap, Gap Factory Store, Banana Republic, Banana Republic Factory Store, or Athleta in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico).
- Zulily Credit Card Application Login Activate or Pay Bills @ www.zulily.com
- Chase Freedom Student Credit Card Login at creditcards.chase.com
- Discover it Student Cash Back – Discover it Student Cash Back Application
- McDonalds Breakfast Hours – What Happened to McDonald’s All Day Breakfast?
- JetBlue Credit Card Login at cards.barclaycardus.com