Now, do you want to know all about Fidelity.com? If your answer is yes then you are welcome to this amazing article. I am going to be unveiling a lot about this platform today and also for your benefit too.
The Fidelity Investments is a privately-owned company or investment management that was established in the year 1946 as a mutual fund company. This company now provides a range of services including fund distribution and also investment advice, wealth management, life insurance, retirement services, and securities execution and clearance.
Also, manages equity, fixed income, and balanced mutual funds for individual investors, businesses, financial advisors, and institutional investors.
It is based in Boston, Massachusetts, and is one of the largest investment management firms in the United States, with over 26 million clients or customers, $6.5 trillion in total customer assets, and also more than $2.4 trillion in global assets under management.
The Fidelity Fund was established in the year 1930, the year after the stock market crash of 1929 and also before the Great Depression of 1933. This fund continued to operate until the year 1943 when it was then acquired by Boston-based lawyer Edward C. Johnson II.
Now at this time, the fund reported assets under management valued at $3 million. In the year 1946, Johnson II founded the Fidelity Management and Research Company, now Fidelity Investments, to serve as an investment advisor to the Fidelity Fund.
When running the fund, Johnson’s objective was to buy stocks with a potential for growth, and not necessarily blue-chip stocks.
Fidelity Investments Operations
Now Fidelity Investments or company works and operates several businesses, with the main ones being mutual funds and brokerage services. The mutual fund division comprises of three divisions – equity, high-income, and fixed-income divisions.
The platform operates Fidelity Contrafund, the largest non-indexed mutual fund in the United States, with over $107.4 billion in assets. The Investments also owns Fidelity Magellan, which was at one time managed by former CEO and President Ned Johnson. Fidelity Magellan manages assets totaling $15.5 billion.
Fidelity Investments Brokerage Services
You should know that Apart from the mutual funds, Fidelity Investments also operates a brokerage firm, that’s serving clients in over 140 locations in the United States. This company first launched a discount brokerage service in the year 1978 when the government abolished fixed-rate brokerage commissions in the year 1975. The company provides brokerage services through its subsidiary, National Financial Services LLC.
This subsidiary works with broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, and also investment firms to offer brokerage clearing, back office support, and software products for financial services firms. But as of the year September 30, 2015, National Financial reported over $5 trillion in assets under management.
Fidelity Investments Retirement Plan Services
Fidelity Investments provides or rather offers 401(K) retirement plan services through its subsidiary Fidelity Personal, Workplace, and Institutional Services (PWIS). Now subsidiary is listed with over $1.4 trillion in assets under administration and also, $32 billion in defined contribution assets as of the year September 30, 2015.
But apart from retirement planning, PWIS also provides or offers stock plan administration, record-keeping services, pension administration, and also health and welfare plan administration.
Fidelity Investments Donor-Advised Fund
Now Fidelity Investments also runs the Fidelity Charitable, the first commercial donor-advised fund. The fund was established in the year 1991, and then later started growing to become the largest charitable organization by donations from the public.
The Donors you see get or earn interest in their investments in the fund until the distribution is then given to the beneficiaries. But some donors prefer the donor-advised funds because they can actually give more to charity and also earn interest before their donation is given to the beneficiaries.
Now I am going to show you how you can create a fidelity account and also how you can activate it, just keep on reading.
- Log in to netbenefits.fidelity.com.
- Then simply establish your username and also password by clicking Register Now.
- After you have completed the information requested to verify your identity, including the last four digits of your Social Security number, date of birth, and first and last names.
- Now click the Next button.
- You will then have to create a new username.
- By default, your username is your Social Security number (SSN). For security reasons, the platform recommends you change your username. Now click the button to create a username to complete.
- You should now create your password. You can simply enter your current password if you have already created it previously. Otherwise, you should use the following criteria to create your password: – 6 to 12 letters and/or numbers – No sequences (e.g., 1234) or a single repeating number or letter– Do not use Social Security number, username, or date of birth
- Now create a security question and then answer and also provide your email address. Then Click Submit.
- Now you have successfully created your password and username. You can now log in to netbenefits.fidelity.com to activate your Fidelity Account.
How to Activate your Fidelity Account
If you want to activate your account then you should read and follow the steps below:
- First Log in to your Fidelity Account and then click the Activate in the Stock Plan section to start the activation process.
- You have now launched the application for your new Fidelity Account. Just fill in the required Personal Information. Then click Continue.
- You should then complete the Employment Information.
- And review the delivery Account Settings. If you need any of the documents sent to you by mail, uncheck the applicable boxes that appear on your screen.
- Then review and also confirm your information. And Click Confirm My Information.
- Now click the box to verify that you have read and agree to the terms of the agreement.
- When you have reached this point, you have successfully activated your Fidelity Account and you are ready to take advantage of all the benefits your stock plan has to offer.
These are the steps to follow when activating your account
- Comenity Carter’s – Carter credit card Application, Login, Pay Bill at d.comenity.net
- BMO Auto Loan Login for Users at www.bmo.com
- Casey’s Rewards Login at www.caseys.com/login
- Nanny Job in Houston Texas For Foreigners – Apply Now!
- AutoZone Rewards – Redeem My AutoZone Rewards Online at www.autozone.com