A Facebook Event is a calendar-based resource which can be used to notify users of upcoming occasions. Events can be created by anyone, and can be open to anyone or private. The creator can invite his friends, members of a group, or fans of a page.
This feature is a great way to spread the word on upcoming events or occasions, since they are able to reach thousands of people in a short amount of time. It also provides an “RSVP” list, which displays lists of invitees grouped by their response.
RELATED BLOG >>> Facebook Group Badge – What are Facebook Group Badges
Invitees are either placed in “attending,” “not attending,” “may be attending,” or “hasn’t responded” lists. If an invitee RSVPs that the are “attending” the event, it appears in their news feed to notify their friends.
When the date of the event approaches, it is displayed on the invitees’ home pages to remind them. This is a feature that allows Facebook users or page operators to create a calendar-based invitation to an event.
Facebook Event Creator
A Facebook event can be sent to a select group of people and will include information about the event, the time and date of the event and even images related to the event. It provides a simple, hands-off way for Facebook users to send invitations to their friends.
Type of Facebook Event
Because of the interactive nature of Facebook, it can also help create commenting and buzz about a particular event. There are two types of events:
- Public event.
- Private events.
Now, lets head more into the conversation on how to create an event.
How to Create Facebook Event
Facebook events allow users to invite a select group of people or their entire list of friends. These invitations can reach thousands of people in minutes. They also include an RSVP feature, allowing invitees to accept or decline the invitation.
This information is sent back to the user who is hosting the event. If an invitee accepts an invitation, this appears in that person’s Facebook news feed. The user’s friends can also see the event in their events list under “Friends’ Events.”
Facebook Event Manager
Below are some requirements for you to create an event of Facebook:
- A photo or video.
- The name of the event.
- Location of the event.
- A description of the event.
- The date and time that the event will take place.
- An option to create a schedule for the event.
- The names of any co-hosts of the event.
- Option to allow guests to invite their friends.
- The option to allow invitees to view the guest list.
And you are set.
Create Facebook Event
Follow the steps to create an event easily:
- Go to Facebook web page www.facebook.com or launch the Facebook app on your device.
- Sign in to your account.
- Select Events on the left side of your newsfeed on your Home page.
- Then select Create Event.
- Choose between Online or In Person event.
- And select between Private or Public from the Privacy menu on the left side.
- Enter a name for the event, a start date, and a time.
- Select the Next button to continue.
- If you are hosting an in-person event, enter the event’s physical location in the Location field.
- And select the address from the list of locations that Facebook detects.
- Then select Next to continue.
- Upload a Cover Photo to add your photo to the event page.
- Add a description in the Description field.
If it applies, add one or more co-hosts. Select Event Settings and enter a friend’s name in the Co-hosts field and select the friend’s name from the list. You can also show or hide the guest list. Select Save to continue, and Create Event.
Facebook Event Limitations
The company sets a 500-invite limit to avoid reports of spamming. If you send invites to a large number of people who don’t respond, Facebook reserves the right to limit the number of people you can invite to your event.
CHECK THIS POST >>> Facebook Create Room – Facebook Create Room Disable