“Facebook Delete My Account” After news broke about the Cambridge Analytica scandal in March, during which British political data-mining firm used the private data of many unwitting Facebook users, people are increasingly avoidance from the social media giant and trying to work out the way to delete Facebook.
Whether you’re concerned about your online privacy or simply want to disconnect from social media, there are two ways to urge obviate a Facebook account: you’ll temporarily deactivate your account or prefer to permanently delete it.
Facebook Delete My Account
This is a free option or feature for every user who is looking in deleting their account from the platform at any time they wish to. When it comes to deleting your Facebook account, there are options one is to deactivate your account and the other is to delete your account without getting it back. So, let see what both options mean or have for us.
Facebook Account Delete and Deactivate
The biggest difference between deactivating and deleting of Facebook account is that deactivating your account gives you the pliability to return whenever you like. While deleting your account is a permanent action.
What Happens Once You Deactivate Facebook
When you deactivate your account, your timeline, including posts, photos, friends list, and “about” information is hidden. Can’t look for your account. However, some information, like messages you’ve sent, remains visible.
Facebook saves all of your information (friends, posts, photos, interests) just in case you select to reactive within the future.
What Happens Once You Delete Facebook
Deleting an account, on the opposite hand, is about in stone. You’ll not be ready to regain access once the account is deleted and everything related to the user is going to be permanently removed.
For this reason, Facebook delays deletion for a couple of days after the request is formed, just in case you modify your mind.
It can take up to 90 days after your account is removed for all of your data stored in Facebook’s backup systems to be deleted entirely.
How to Deactivate Facebook Account
To deactivate your account, follow below.
- Tap the triangle icon at the right side of your screen or the menu icon after logging in to your account on www.facebook.com.
- attend “Settings.”
- Click “General” within the left column.
- Click “Manage Your Account.”
- Select “Deactivate Your Account” and follow the written instructions to verify your choice.
For you to reactivate your account, all you need to do is to log in to your account or using your Facebook account to log in to a third-party app which is the Facebook app.
How to Delete Facebook Account
If you are thinking of deleting your Facebook account, follow the steps below. Continuing from the steps that have already me mentioned above.
- Attend the “Delete Your Account” page.
- Click “Delete Account” within the bottom right-hand corner.
Facebook recommends downloading a replica of your information before deleting your account so you’ve got it and do not lose everything you’ve posted. this is often especially important if there are photos or posts from friends that you simply want to save lots of.
Download Your Facebook Information
To download your Facebook information before deleting your account, here are the instructions.
- Go to the settings page by clicking the menu icon at the top left side of your screen.
- attend “Settings.”
- Click “Your Facebook Information.”
- Click “View” next to “Download Your Information.”
- to feature or remove categories of knowledge from your request, check or uncheck the boxes on the proper side of the page.
- Choose the format of your download, the standard of photos and videos, and therefore the date range of your request.
- Click “Create File” to verify your request.
- you’ll get a notification when your download request is ready.
- Go to the “Download Your Information” section by clicking the upside-down triangle and then to “Settings”. Then to “Your Facebook Information” and click “View” next to “Download Your Information”).
- Click “Download.”
Immediately you re-enter your password, your file will start downloading.