There are many reasons that are best known to you as to why you wish to Download all of your Email from Gmail. Maybe you are losing a member of your team and need to create an archive of their email history. Or, perhaps you’re switching jobs and need to keep a record of old emails.
Whatever the reason, it’s important to know that this is possible with Gmail – it’s very easy to do and doesn’t require much tech knowledge. You can export and download your data from Gmail. You can download data that hasn’t been deleted. You can create an archive to keep for your records or use the data in another service.
Download Email from Gmail
From switching to a different email service to just wanting a local backup for record keeping purposes, there are many reasons to download Gmail emails to computer, and this article explains how to do it in a way that you can understand regardless of how much experience with computers you have.
Considering that Google has nearly 100,000 expertly trained employees, many of which are highly talented cybersecurity professionals with many years of industry experience, you might think that they are better suited than anyone else to guard your data, and you wouldn’t be wrong.
Gmail Email Download
However, past experience has taught us that hackers always look for and find ways on how to get what they want. Fortunately for Gmail users, the hackers used the compromised accounts just to send spam emails even though they had permissions to do a lot more, including deleting all emails.
Considering that Google has been steadily losing its reputation of a company that’s always striving to do the right thing, it’s not far-fetched to imagine some hacktivist executing a similar attack like the one that took over a million Gmail accounts in 2017, but with far more sinister motives. But not too worry as this article will guide you.
How to Download Email from Gmail
Below are tips on how to download emails from Gmail;
- Open Gmail on your Mac or PC, and log in, if you haven’t already.
- Click on the email that you want to download.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the top-right.
- In the dropdown menu click on “Download message.”
With the above guidelines, you can successfully download emails from Gmail.
Download Email from Gmail to Computer
You can download emails directly to your computer. Once downloaded, you can attach an email to another email. Just follow the steps below;
- On your computer, go to Gmail.
- Open the email.
- Click More.
- Click Download message.
To open the EML file that downloads, you need a desktop mail client.
Download Email from Gmail as PDF
Below is the guideline to download Email from Gmail as PDF;
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Open the email you want to save as PDF.
- Click the small printer icon on the top-right
- A print dialog window should appear with several options on the left.
- Change “Destination” to “Save as PDF” and click the blue “Save” button.
- Select where you want to save the email.
- Click the Save button to confirm the location.
- Depending on your setting, your PDF reader might automatically start with the newly created PDF opened.
With the steps above you can download Email from Gmail as PDF.