“Distance Education” do you know that it is forecasted that in 2020, education or training programs leading to an academic qualification would be in three forms. Distance education, full time and part-time? It is actually a great way to learn and also get an academic qualification.
Well, I believe you clicked on this post because you wish to know more about this form of education. Don’t worry much because I’ve got you covered, so now lets dive in.
CHECK THIS POST >>> NECO Registration 2020 – How much is NECO Registration 2020
It is an education platform for students who may not always be present (physical) at school. In order words, it’s a form in which the main elements included in a physical separation of teachers and also the students during teaching.
This form of education has increased access to learning opportunities for students who aren’t able to attend conventional classes. Aside from this, it is also a great option for people that wish to expand their knowledge in order to boost their careers. It involves written or virtual learning.
Distance Education Accrediting Commission
Distance Education Accrediting Commission is actually abbreviated as DEAC and was formerly known as National Home Study Council. Actually, the commission is a non-profit national educational accreditation agency in the US. It is specialized in the accreditation of distance education programs of study and also institutions. Here are some of the accredited institutions;
- Abraham Lincoln University, Glendale, CA.
- American College of Healthcare Sciences, Portland, OR.
- American Denturist School, Eugene, OR.
- Acacia University, Tempe, AZ.
- Anaheim University, Anaheim, CA.
- Apollos University, Great Falls, MT.
- Aspen University, Denver, CO.
- Chi University, Reddick, FL.
The above are just a few of the institutions that are accredited by the Commission. The accredited institutions are much more than the ones I listed above.
Types of Distance Education
There are various types of education or learning of distance and they include the following;
- Synchronous Distance Education or Learning.
- Electronic Learning or Education.
- Fixed Time online courses.
The above are the types of education you can take from a distance. Also, in life, whatever has a good side also has a bad side. So let us dive into the advantages and disadvantages of this topic.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Distance Education
One major advantage I like about writeup is the fact that it allows individuals to fit their learning with your work and individual life. Aside from this fact, there are still other pros or benefits attached. Well, let’s not waste time anymore.
- As an individual, you can set your own convenient pace of study.
- The decision of where and when to study is all yours.
- Your location is not a hindrance to your learning with distance education means. You can get a degree from anywhere in the world you want.
- Individuals can gain useful and also transferrable skills like research and planning.
- Greater flexibility when it comes to the location of the study.
- There’s an increase in interaction with course mates.
- It saves money or less expensive.
- Students or individuals can pursue higher learning and gain a great degree without much stress.
There are many more advantages aside from the ones listed about. Now let’s look at some of the disadvantages.
- There is physical interaction with the people you study with.
- It offers less motivation.
- Technical difficulties
- There’s a difficulty when it comes to staying connected at all times.
- Most employers are very reluctant about accepting the distance mode of education or training.
- It doesn’t help to develop individual oral skills and also social interactions.
Things to do to prepare for Distance Education
The system is very flexible for individuals but there are some things that are needed to be done. Below are the things you need to do to prepare for your studying from a distance;
- Start making a plan.
- Then find your study space.
- Make sure you have all the required software
- Speak to professors you can find.
- You need to connect with your peers.
There are more things to do but the above are a few of them.
SEE THIS POST >>> Babbel – Language Learning | Babble App | App Download