Delete Facebook Group, this is exactly what we are going to be talking about in this article. This seems to be one of the foremost commonly asked questions on the Facebook social media platform as at the time of this writing.
Facebook is not any doubt one among the foremost used social media platforms within the world and for several reasons. My reason for loving this platform is thanks to its features and therefore the Facebook groups feature is one among them.
Delete Facebook Group
On the Facebook social media platform, there’s something for everybody. If you’re keen on a business, this is often the platform for you. If you’re keen on making friends, this is often the platform for you. If you’re keen on leisure, playing games, this is often the social media platform for you. These are just a few of the features on this social media platform.
But does one know that as fun and interesting a feature is, there comes a time when the said feature does not become attractive to you? Some persons on the platform feel the urge or the necessity to delete a group on the platform they created. One may question their objective. But one thing that we all should realize is that this stuff happens.
It just could be that the only reason why you created a group is not any longer there. The group isn’t just fulfilling its promise anymore. And a reason like which will warrant the dissolution of such a group. It’s that straightforward. Many users on Facebook already skills to delete a group on the platform. While there are some on the opposite hand who don’t skill to.
If you’re one among those persons who don’t skill to delete their groups, then you’ll get to read this text and post from start to end as important and relevant pieces of data would be shared. But before that, there are things that you simply got to know before happening with the method.
What You Need to Delete a Group on Facebook
Deleting a group on Facebook is straightforward. But before you start with the deletion process, there are some things that you simply got to know. Unlike a Facebook page, if you’re an admin of the group, you can’t delete a group you didn’t create.
You can only delete a Facebook page as an admin if the first creator chooses to go away from it. Now that you simply know the standards of deleting a group on Facebook, still determine the way to successfully delete a group on the social media platform.
How to Delete a Facebook Group
Deleting a group is straightforward and free. As long as you created a group on the platform otherwise you are an admin, you are allowed to delete a group. Just have to follow the steps below;
- Login to your Facebook account at facebook.com.
- On your Facebook account page, click Groups within the left column or menu.
- From the groups, you manage section, select your group.
- Just below the name of your group, click members.
- Next to every member’s name, click the three-dotted icon, and choose to remove a member.
- Click ‘confirm’.
- After removing all the members of the group, click the three-dotted icon next to your name and choose leave group.
- Lastly, click leave group.
- Open the app on your android device.
- Tap the hamburger icon and tap groups.
- Select your group and tap the star icon.
- Next, tap members and tap the three-dotted icon next to every member’s name except your own.
- Next, tap remove a member.
- When you are the last member of the group, the star icon next to your name and tap leave group.
- Lastly, tap leave and delete.
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Tap the hamburger icon and choose groups.
- Next, select your group and tap the star icon then select members.
- Tap the name of every member except your own and choose to remove a member.
- Tap the star icon within the top right corner and tap leave group.
- Lastly, select leave and delete.
Note: group members won’t be notified once you delete a group.
CHECK THESE OUT: Facebook Groups – Creating Group on Facebook | How to Create…