What does it mean to Create a Room on Facebook? Facebook has released their latest video chat feature (messenger room) that gives up to 50-person opportunities to video chat at the same time.
With this great feature, organizations schools, and companies can use this very medium to hold conferences meetings and write quizzes without meeting in person. The platform works similarly to Zoom and other video conferencing platforms.
How does the platform work? A Facebook user creates a room by clicking on the create room tab. After creating you proceed to add your preferences, then decide who can see your room and who can join as well.
Invite friends, colleagues, or family to Join. Set the time for the conference video call. You can now begin to chat.
Create Room Facebook
To set up an FB room is a straightforward process, there’s nothing confusing. You can set up this room using your desktop device or via the Facebook mobile app. So, whichever is convenient for you, proceed with it.
Before going ahead to create this platform, you should know that, except you adjust your preferences, the room will be open to all your Fb friends, and they can join your room. So, to avoid the room from being jam-packed with people you don’t need in the room, make sure you specify who can see and join your room.
What is a Facebook Room
To answer the question “what does create room on Facebook means” it is simply the act of setting up a video conferencing chat platform on Facebook by Fb users. On this platform, up to 50 people can be added to make a video chat with one another.
However, the creator of the room can decide to Lock or unlock a room while making the call and can also be able to disconnect anyone from the call. Even the participants, can as well leave any time they want.
Here we are going to be talking about how you can create a room on Fb with your mobile phone and desktop, the following steps are for you.
- Open the fb messenger app.
- At the bottom part of the screen, click on the “People” button.
- Tap on the “create a room” button at the top.
- Select the people you would like to add to the room.
- After choosing the people you want, proceed and tap on the “shared link” button, to send the link to the people you invited to join the room.
With the above steps, you will successfully set up the chat room.
How to Create Facebook Room on Desktop
To create an FB room, follow these steps.
- Log in to your Fb account at www.facebook.com.
- On your news feed, look at the top, you will see a tab “Rooms” click on create room button.
- A page will appear, providing you with options.
- Designate a purpose for the room.
- Decide who to invite.
- Enter your start time and date.
- Tap on create room.
- Invite, share, edit, or end room.
Here are the steps to create your Facebook chat room using your desktop.
How to Use Facebook Rooms
To learn how to use the chat room, read below
Create a room: you can do that by launching the mobile app or by logging in to FB via desktop. Simply click on the “create a room” tab.
Check out the room activity: here the first room activity lets you designate a purpose for the room. It comes with the following activities, hanging out, here all day, join me, bored at home, grad party, happy hour.
Adjust who can Join the room: tap on the “who is invited” button. Here you can decide on the categories of persons to invite. There are only two options “Friends” and “invite specific friends’ option. The friend’s option lets your Fb friends see your room are the upper part of their news feeds.
While The “invite specific friends” gives you the opportunity to choose a particular friend who can see and join the platform if they want.
- Start time: enter your start date and time.
- Save and click on the “Create room” tab under Create your room window.
- Invite friends- send links to friends and family to join.
Disable/turn off: learn how to disable the room in the section under.
How to Disable Create a Room on Facebook
So, to disable or turn off your room, follow the directives below
- Proceed to your Fb account.
- On your news feed, tap on the room tab to access the platform.
- Click on the see all party (the icon looks like a human head).
- Move to the “settings tab and tap on “end room by tapping on the X button.
- Click on the “End room “button.
These are steps to disable the chat room. Here you can end the platform or only let people that are approved.
Facebook Room Settings
To access your room settings
- Go to www.facebook.com.
- Click on your room tab.
- Tap on the settings icon at the top right corner.
- You can start to effect changes. Here you can decide who will join, set a time and date, and many more.
These are procedures to access the settings tab.