If the control arm of your vehicle needs a replacement, you are reading the right article. What is a control arm on a car? What is the cost of control arm replacement? What are the signs of a bad control arm? If any of these questions are on your mind right now, this article has got you covered.
The control arm on a car is the link between the car and the front wheel. The function of the control arm in a car is to connect the steering knuckle to the frame of the car. It also allows the Chassis (inboard) and the wheels to move simultaneously while the car is in motion.
Control Arm Replacement
The control arm of any vehicle plays an important role in its stability and proper alignment. This is because the control arm connects each wheel to the body of your car and this links the bushings of the car with the frame.
The control wheel moves up and down and commands the movement of each wheel. This helps the wheel, dampers and shock absorbers absorb shock when driving on bumps and uneven roads.
What is the Cost of Control Arm Replacement?
Having detected that the control arm of your car is bad, you may be wondering “What is the Cost of Control Arm Replacement?”. The cost of replacing the control arm of your car depends on the control arm cost, the make of your car, and also the labor fee. To learn more about the control arm cost, keep on reading.
Control Arm Cost
If you want to know how much a control arm cost, this article has got you covered. Presently, the control arm costs between $100 to $ 150. You can check them out on www.amazon.com.
When you click on the link above, you should enter “Control Arm” into the search bar above your display screen. With this, you can view the various options of control arm and purchase the one you want.
Bad Control Arm Symptoms
What symptoms that indicate your control arm is bad? The symptoms here mean the signs that indicate a bad control arm. They include:
- Vibrations while steering.
- Constant and constant tire wear.
- Difficulty in steering when driving on uneven roads.
- Unusual sounds when driving over bumps.
These are some signs that the control arm of your car is bad. This could pose a serious issue and should be fixed as soon as possible.
How to Replace Control Arm
If you have an experience of vehicle repairs, you can as well replace your control arm by yourself. This is cost effective and also fun. Don’t know how to go about it? The article below would guide you:
- Park the car on a level surface and turn off the engine.
- With the aid of a Jack, lift the car.
- Apply a rust solvent to the screws and bolts. This would make it easier for you to unscrew them.
- Locate the control arm with the aid of your vehicle’s manual.
- Go through your vehicle’s manual to get familiar with other parts surrounding the control arm.
- Carefully detach the leveling sensor from the control arm.
- Using a screw driver, unscrew the stabilizer fixing screw from the control arm.
- Loosen and unscrew the control arm fixing screw.
- Also remove the ball joint at the steering knuckle.
- Detach the bad control arm.
- Sand the mounting flange of the ball joint pin on the steering knuckle with a sandpaper.
- Wipe this area with a brake cleaning fluid.
- Replace the new control arm where you removed the old one.
- Screw the control arm fixing screw back in place. You can replace the screws and bolts if they are bad.
- Attach the stabilizer and the removed leveling sensor.
- You should not that the screws are not to be tightened at this stage.
- Lower your vehicle carefully and allow the suspension to compress.
- Use the Wheel Free four post car lift on the car.
- Load the unload the car until it reaches the height specified by your vehicle’s manual.
- You can now tighten the screws and bolts.
- Lower your vehicle carefully.
- Measure the chassis (inboard) of your car with the standard on your manual. Adjust the inboard if necessary.
- Test drive car to check if the control arms were well fixed.
With the steps above, you would be able to fix a new control arm on your car. However, if you think you can’t carry out this repair by yourself, you should contact your mechanic.
- How to Get Your Facebook Dating Back After Deleting Your Profile
- Facebook Dating Complaints – Is There Any Good stuff about Facebook Dating
- Facebook Relationship – Facebook Dating App Download Free | Facebook Dating Profile
- How to Reactivate a Conversation on Facebook Dating
- ESP BAS Light – Causes of the ESP BAS Light