There are lot of reasons why some users may want to Connect their Laptop to TV. Some users might not have a smart tv, so connecting the laptop to a TV is the best option of watching media from Netflix, Amazon, or YouTube.
On this article are several step to step guides you can use to make you Laptop – TV connection possible. If you are tired of watching from a smaller screen and may want to connect to a TV, then read this guide.
CHECK THIS POST >>> ARM vs x86 – ARM vs x86 Performance
Connect Laptop to TV
The simplest way to of connection is with a cable. Connecting your laptop to your TV via HDMI is the most used in the world today. All required is a cable. Though, some newer laptops are so thin, they haven’t got HDMI ports. That’s where the other steps come in.
How do I Display my Laptop on My TV?
As may you have known, there are multiple ways to make this possible. Users can connect their Connect Laptop to TV vis the below means:
- HDMI Cable connection.
- VGA Cable connection.
- HDMI/VGA Converter.
- USB Type C to HDMI.
- USB Flash drive.
These are the foremost used ways one can get to make this connection possible.
Connect Laptop to TV
Now let’s get to the main part of the article. Ways through which we can get to make a Laptop-TV connection possible. Follow the guide carefully to decide on which steps you can take on your TV.
How Do I Display my Laptop on my TV With HDMI?
Here is a way through which a user can connect their device via HDMI cable:
This is the easiest way to make this connect. All you need to get the job done is an HDMI cable. Just the cable can handle both audio and high-resolution video.
How to Connect Laptop to TV HDMI
Follow the steps below:
- Connect the laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable.
- Turn on both devices.
- Select the correct HDMI input on the TV with the remote.
- The connection between the two devices should be established automatically.
But in case it doesn’t, go to Settings, then System, and Display. Ensure “TV” is selected. Note that this step is also similar to that of the VGA cable.
Connect Laptop to TV Using HDMI/VGA Converter
In some cases where the TV has a VGA port and Laptop has HDMI, a converter is just what you may need. Follow the steps to connect your Laptop to a TV using this device:
- Plug the HDMI cable into your laptop.
- Then plug the VGA cable into your TV.
- Plug the VGA cable into the converter to connect the two devices.
- Turn on the laptop and TV.
- Select the PC or RGB input on the TV with the remote.
The connection between the two devices should be established automatically. But in case it doesn’t, go to Settings, then System, and Display.
Ensure “TV” is selected. After that, press the Windows key and P key at same time and then select the “Duplicate” option.
How to Connect Laptop to TV Wirelessly
With the use of a Chromecast, you can make the connection work wirelessly. Follow the steps below:
- Plug the Chromecast into the TV and set it up.
- Open the Chrome browser and click the menu icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select the content you want to cast via the “Sources” drop-down menu.
- Then select the Chromecast you want to cast to.
And you are set.
CHECK THIS BLOG >>> Mint Mobile – Mint Mobile Plans | Mint Mobile Reviews