If you’re searching for an alternative to WhatsApp, ChatOn is a great option to use. ChatOn is an instant messaging application that supports multi-platform. The platform is compatible with Android and Samsung smartphones.
I believe you clicked on this post to find out more ChatOn app, so all you have to do now is to read on.
CHECK THIS POST >>> Signal – Private Messenger | Features Signal | App | Setting up Signal Account
ChatOn is a smart app for messaging that allows users to interact and enjoy instant messaging relationships with their friends or group of friends. It was a global mobile communication service that was introduced by Samsung Electronics in September 2011. ChatOn served over 120 countries in 62 languages. It was available on iOS, Android, Blackberry, etc. there also a web client available for the service via browsers.
Users on the service can invite and register friends via Facebook and Twitter as well as share ChatOn content on Facebook. But the choice is actually yours to make. ChatOn allows you to create animation messages, broadcast to send personal notices in a group. And also features a trunk that stores media files that are shared on chats.
The service was introduced at IFA on August 29, 2011, in Berlin, Germany. With an initial service for iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Samsung phones. The support was expanded to Android tablets, Windows Phone, and also Bada Phones. ChatOn app can be downloaded from Samsung Apps & Google Play Store for Android, Apple App Store for iOS, etc.
ChatOn Web Version
As I said earlier, ChatOn offers a web client. This web client enables users without supported smartphones to access the platform using a desktop or mobile web browser. Multiple windows on your PC screen, which are broader, facilitated buddies and also share content.
Usage of the web client was tied to a Samsung account instead of a phone number, and your buddies list is from your contacts. They can be imported to the web client. Regardless of the version, users receive the same messages. Both the app and web client has some pretty features that make the platform a great one to try out. That is to say and, there are plenty of cool features.
Features of ChatOn
The service was discontinued by Samsung. ChatOn provides users with voice and video calling, translation, PostOn, Anicon, Animessage, SMS/MMS exchange. As well as some basic features like registration, chatting, and media sharing. On ChatOn, you will find;
- Buddies: these are automatically added based on the user’s contact list. Only users on the platform added as buddies.
- Translation: this feature allows you to translate different languages to the ones you want.
- Anicons: this is abbreviated from animated icons. They are the ChatOn version of stickers.
- Animessage: this feature allows users to send short animations with background, image, text, and also stamps.
- Croup Chat: one on one group chat is available. Group chats are created if the user invites buddies during chatting.
- Multimedia messaging: users can send multimedia messages such as text, images, videos, voice messages, contact, and calendar that can be shared on the platform.
- Video Calls: Just like WhatsApp, users can make video calls using front or back camera.
- SMS/MMS Integration: users can exchange SMS/MMS through ChatOn.
There are many more features that are offered on the platform. To find out about them, you need to register for an account first.
ChatOn Mobile App
The ChatOn app is simple, secure, and personal. The application allows users to do the following;
- Use it for free. That is to say, there are no fees to pay.
- Users can send multimedia files such as photos, videos, documents, and voice messages.
- Make free calls to friends and family using the service as well.
- Create group chats with your friends.
- With the app, you can set up messages to be deleted.
- Delete old messages from the app.
- Backup all your files with the ChatOn app.
- There’s no need to create usernames and passwords.
- You’re always logged in.
- The app offers you with offline messages.
- You can connect with your contacts.
The above are some of the things you can do with the app. Now, that you know a little about the ChatOn app, let’s proceed to download it.
ChatOn App Download
The app is free and simple to download. You can install the app by:
- Launching the App Store on the device you’re using.
- Use the search and input ChatOn.
- A list of similar ChatOn apps, tap on the first one. Then tap on “Install” to get the app.
- The application will be successfully installed on your device if you have a good data connection.
This app is available on iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows phone, Windows mobile, and also Bada smartphones. You just have to access the app store of any of this device to download the app into any of the devices, mentioned here.
ChatOn Sign Up
This is where you will be encountering the signing up instructions on what to do to be part of this platform. Before you can become a member, there are requirements that you need to provide, just follow the steps below.
- Open the app after you have finished downloading it from your app store.
- When the app opens, click the continue button that will first display on your screen.
- Now, enter your mobile number and click “Register”.
- This is now time for you to verify your account. A code will be sent to your mobile message inbox, type the code inside the verification box inside the app.
- Wait as the verification is in progress and don’t forget that the code is in six digits. So, make sure you enter all the numbers on it.
- The process is not yet complete, you have to type in your name and click the “Finish” button below it.
You can as well upload in your photo on your profile by clicking the camera icon close the name box before clicking the finish button. By keeping with all the steps as mentioned up here, you can easily create your own account.
SEE THIS ALSO >>> Social Media Marketing – Apps For Social Media Marketing