AHRI/UCL PhD Studentship 2022/2023 for Student in South Africa. The AHRI/UCL Ph.D. Studentship applications are open for 2022/2023 Africa Health Research Institute/UCL. This studentship opportunity covers tuition fees and living costs to undertake a Ph.D. at UCL.
The opportunity is funded by UCL’s Global Engagement Office and it is open to applicants who are permanently living in South Africa.
AHRI/UCL PhD Studentship 2022/2023 for Student in South Africa
The applicants are expected to spend most of their period in South Africa and conduct their research at AHRI. While in London, applicants will be expected to attend seminars, postgraduate club meetings, and other UCL doctoral students’ events.
The proposed PhD research must be under the field of Medical Science or Population Health. This covers everything from single molecules through cells and tissues to the whole organisms and animal & human population from improved human health and wellbeing worldwide.
The applicants for AHRI/UCL PhD Studentship must:
- You must domicile in South Africa at the time of application.
- Applicants should hold a letter of recommendation from a proposed supervisor at UCL.
- He/she should be working with AHRI already or possess an approval letter of support to complete a PhD at AHRI.
- Must be willing to stay in London for up to a year during their PhD studies. This period can be split into 2 periods of six months if required.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply fir this studentship also.
Applicants can apply from all over the country but must be domiciled in South Africa.
To be Taken at (Country): UK & South Africa
Number of Awards: Not specified
The PhD Studentship will fund:
- Fees for a total of a three-year doctorate at UCL per year will be covered.
- Two round-trip economy airfares for going and coming from SA to the UK.
- Support for reasonable London living costs for about one year.
- UCL Bench fees.
- Support for Durban living costs for about two years.
Duration of AHRI/UCL PhD 2022/2023 Studentship
How to Apply
Applicants are to complete the AHRI/UCL PhD Studentship Application form in detail. Then upload the following documents:
- A letter of recommendation from a proposed supervisor at AHRI.
- Copy of your academic CV.
- A letter of recommendation from a proposed supervisor at UCL.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and original certificates.
For further assistance with identifying an AHRI supervisor and letter of recommendation from UCL, contact Aruna Sevakram via firstname.lastname@example.org with “AHRI/UCL PhD Studentship” in the subject header.
The closing date is 5 pm Friday, 03 June 2022.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THIS STUDENTSHIP!!!